• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Are you looking to do that route as a cycle regular? I was amazed at your time when you posted. I have contemplated cycling to my parents, and guesstimated it'd take me over 90 mins. You must be in much better shape than I.

The big thing for me is the amount of time saved. I can cycle to/from work in half or a third of the time compared to any other form of transport.

Only during the holidays when I can get away with being a sweaty mess for the first 30 mins!

Only during the holidays when I can get away with being a sweaty mess for the first 30 mins!
Was amazed to explore the building I'm in and discover showers!
Lucky for me the journey here is almost all flat/downhill. Uphill home, but then I can take the work clothes straight off and jump in the shower.

Start John O'Groats to Lands End on Monday and I'm getting really excited.

If anyone wants to follow the live tracking, you can do here.

http://live.supatrak.com/

With the following log on credentials:

A/C No: S00212
User Name: S00212
Password: S00212

I'll post some pictures when I've finished (If I finish).

No ifs Penk, you will finish.

May I wish you all the very best on what will be a splendid achievement.

Good luck.

Good luck, Penk. My boss is doing the reverse starting on Monday.

Thank you both.

All ready to get started and very excited.

All the best mate! Dunno if enjoyment is an option but I hope you don't suffer too much!!

You've probably started by now, but good luck Penk!

Cheers Craig!

Really happy with my time in the Wolverhampton 20k today. 40:15 which is almost 5 mins off my best practice time. Finished 33rd out of 450 riders, so obviously chuffed with that. Really enjoyed riding with a huge group, hopefully will get to do something similar sooner rather than later.

That's about 18mph average speed mate, cracking stuff.

18.4 on my Strava recording, but that was a slightly different measurement as I started recording early, and forgot to stop it!

Got a very cool TomTom sports watch for my birthday from my better half - it's data-tastic. Syncs easily with Strava and also has MP3s on it so I can listen to stuff with some bluetooth earphones.

1261532702_1.jpg

I should make a running playlist.

Question for the cyclists:

Is it normal for your pooping levels to increase along with your cycling miles?

In answer to the question 'Do you poo more after cycling?' I can confirm that I had a banging shit at the Hilton Park Lane an hour or so after completing the Prudential Ride London yesterday. HTH.

Dunno if it is awareness, or something else but have become aware that frequently one of the first things I have to do at work each morning after cycling in is pop to the water closet...

Have amended my journey into work, to avoid a couple of roads/junctions. They'll turn to mayhem after tomorrow. Journey in has a bit more uphill to it, but that isn't a problem.

Back