• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Nice going Will! I wonder how Penk is getting on?

I know he was back in Penkridge yesterday. Phenomenal effort looking at his Strava activity.

Think I'm going to have a trawl through this thread. Thinking of getting into cycling next year.

Without getting evangelical SSB, it's worth it!
I started the cycling because my brother wanted to get rid of his (what I now know to be rubbish) bike. I became very aware I was doing absolutely nothing fitness wise.
I cycle about 7 miles a day 5 days a week - to & from work.
At first, I had no stamina. However very quickly this built up, and also noticed that my breathing/recovery improved a hell of a lot.

I know I'm in better shape now, and would like to work out how to do a bit more cycling, perhaps to explore my neighbourhood. Plans are afoot to get an improved bike next year via a salary sacrifice thing.

Well done, Will great speed and you must ecstatic about finishing 33rd.

I'm currently in Bristol with two days left to go, but two tough days.

Yesterday and day 4 from Dumbarton to Lockerbie were extremely tough, but I feel very fortunate that I've been able to do it as the scenery at times has been fantastic. I'd recommend that everyone does a tour of Cairngorns, Loch Ness and Loch Lomond.

Once I've finished I'll post some pictures.

Awesome stuff Craig. Looking at the elevations on some of your rides has amazed me mate. Keep going pal!

Well done, Will great speed and you must ecstatic about finishing 33rd.

I'm currently in Bristol with two days left to go, but two tough days.

Yesterday and day 4 from Dumbarton to Lockerbie were extremely tough, but I feel very fortunate that I've been able to do it as the scenery at times has been fantastic. I'd recommend that everyone does a tour of Cairngorns, Loch Ness and Loch Lomond.

Once I've finished I'll post some pictures.
Fantastic mate, will look forward to seeing them.

My sports watch is fucking ace. Used it for swimming today - I do love a good data attack!

The beach walk from Cap Salou to Salou would get you fit - it's around 2.6k and the climbs are steep and frequent. After just a week of it I'm quite looking forward to my 186 steps to my seat on Saturday (assuming I don't have 4 pints of beer swishing around my insides)

We've completed it in the 10 days. I'm going try and write a blog over the next few days and once done I'll copy it onto here. Here's a picture of the start and the end.

8d24ea786e96fdbec59f371d2e3f494e.jpg

08b49d8868046291c4df301bc16a56e7.jpg

That's all very good, but I spotted this segment time on a ride I did last night....

strava.JPG

Boom!

Well done. Look forward to the blog.

Serious kudos Penk on the ride - to have completed that is a serious committment

Very well done, what a fantasic achievement. You should be very proud. Hope you do write that blog,would be well worth a read.

Heading up to Newcastle for the Great North Run today, would like sub-2 hours as a time. Though the 5 hours on the train to watch us against Burton isn't the best pre race prep I've ever done...!

Back