• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Just signed up to do a 60km ride on Saturday 😬
Starts in Corwen and goes around Lake Bala. It's about 10 miles further than I've ever gone before, but fuck it - if you don't try, you'll never know!

Just signed up to do a 60km ride on Saturday ��
Starts in Corwen and goes around Lake Bala. It's about 10 miles further than I've ever gone before, but fuck it - if you don't try, you'll never know!

Should be pretty hilly in places!!

I used to live in Corwen (fookin hated it)

Should be pretty hilly in places!!

I used to live just in Corwen (fookin hated it)
It says gentle hills in the description.... Eek.

It says gentle hills in the description.... Eek.

Well with my level of fitness....a slight bump in the road would be too much.

It was hilly from the village I moved to (Cynwyd) to the top end of Corwen when I used to cycle to work (it was cycle or walk 6 miles as they didn't do buses around that way and the taxi firm was the guy who ran the hardware store in Corwen). Can't remember too much about the main roads to Bala though.

So pretty much the main road way. You'll be fine then.

The final bit from Cynwyd will be great as its down hill from that village all the way into the Centre of Corwen
Well, I like the sound of that!

Top stuff sir.

Was google Street viewing part of the route a few days ago. Just a little trip down memory lane. Used to walk from the pub (well just behind it) in Cynwyd down to Corwen and back on a Sunday to get a paper and supplies.

It was a really enjoyable route with some beautiful scenery around the lake.

I got my 5K pb down to 24.46 on Saturday. Very happy with that. I could go a fair bit faster, I think, if only my calf muscles weren't so pathetic.

I was given a helmet camera for my birthday, that I cannot figure out how to work (instructions are woeful, and looking online have found similar reviews). As a result, I'm returning it for a refund.
Which means I'm in the market for one.

The criteria are:
Budget approx £50 (would add a bit more if it is worthwhile)
Easy to use, as I'm a bit thick, and not very IT compatible!

Value any suggestions from esteemed posters...

I bought this today.

05eb6b4c0dce070ea2ff7b046aa7d303.png

I've just cancelled it having looked and noticed it's a TT bike rather than a road bike. Glad I posted it on here else I wouldn't have really noticed

Ordered this instead.

16d0e59085a82e01ffdcf54790e054f8.png

I've just cancelled it having looked and noticed it's a TT bike rather than a road bike. Glad I posted it on here else I wouldn't have really noticed

Ordered this instead.

16d0e59085a82e01ffdcf54790e054f8.png

Looks ace. Hit us up with some deets

Yup. You can't just post a pretty picture, we need to know the gory details such as groupset etc.

Anyway, bloody "digestive distress": I had to abandon my club run 5k last night and make for a toilet owing to an increasingly dire need to curl one out last night. I even snipped off a length of dirty spine before I went out to make sure I was down to racing weight and theoretically to avoid such an instance. Bah.

Frame: Direct connect carbon evolution frame with PF30, tapered head tube, internal cable routing (Di2 ready). Performance race geometry

Fork: Raleigh C6 carbon blade 1.1/8"-1.1/2" carbon steerer

Headset: FSA Orbit

Bars: FSA SLK carbon

Stem: FSA SLK carbon

Speed: 22

Front Mech: SRAM RED 22

Rear Mech: SRAM RED 22

Shifters SRAM RED 22

Chainset: SRAM Red 22 53/39t

Bottom Bracket: SRAM PF30

Cassette: Red 11-26t

Chain: SRAM