• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Just back from an 18 mile kayak race. Decent time of 2hrs 50 on a narrow, shallow, soupy canal. Hurts like hell now though.

Really proud of myself today... Been just over a year since I returned to a regular workout regimen and I've lost 39 pounds. Look and feel better than I have since high school.

Fucking brilliant to see such clear results. Makes all the hard work worth it.
Great work Alan 💪

Well done on the PB Langers. That's a great time!

And we'll done on the weight loss Alan!

Congrats on the PB and if training works for you on your own stick with it. Plenty of people prefer that.

I used to mostly train on my own, but I did join the Hinckley running club, as sometimes they had good training sessions, particularly as big races approached. Running clubs are also very useful for people just starting running, or for people coming back from injury. Though the flip side was that I found the running club to be somewhat akin to a private members club. Elitism was prevalent, which is why I went back to training on my own.

Signed up to the Santa Dash in Stourbridge in a couple of weeks - a 5k run around the local park dressed as Santa!

Mini Langers wants to do it too so he'll be joining me. I don't know whether he'll do the whole distance or not (certainly not running all the way!) but it'll be ace to do the event with my son. Should be a good laugh!

Signed up to the Santa Dash in Stourbridge in a couple of weeks - a 5k run around the local park dressed as Santa!

Mini Langers wants to do it too so he'll be joining me. I don't know whether he'll do the whole distance or not (certainly not running all the way!) but it'll be ace to do the event with my son. Should be a good laugh!

Enjoy. Strangely enough I never ran in fancy dress. Sometimes watching long distance runs, I wonder how people get around dressed as a gorilla or whatever fancy dress item they choose.

Enjoy. Strangely enough I never ran in fancy dress. Sometimes watching long distance runs, I wonder how people get around dressed as a gorilla or whatever fancy dress item they choose.

You run in fancy dress every Sunday morning, don't you?

To be fair the report does say that runners and footballers shouldn't stop doing what they do. Though the important thing is that different sports are beneficial to different parts of the body. The high intensity of squash for example is totally different from ploughing out 26 miles on the road. And I would say both are good for you.

In my younger days I was fortunate that I was quite reasonable at distance running, but put me in a squash court and I was hopeless. I think it is important that people are encouraged to take up regular exercise, and find the sport that suits them best, and try to improve at that particular discipline.

Having run regularly for a couple of years (more than ever throughout 2016) I can safely say it's one of the best things I've ever done.

I feel years younger and so much fresher nowadays.

688c33c1ce455fd03e5ee0ebe1eec525.jpg

Santa Dash with Mini Langers. I'm a very proud dad, he did brilliantly.

Nice to see TSB there too.

688c33c1ce455fd03e5ee0ebe1eec525.jpg

Santa Dash with Mini Langers. I'm a very proud dad, he did brilliantly.

Nice to see TSB there too.

Well done mini Langers. A picture to keep forever. All the money in the world can't make up for the time spent with your kids. Well done the Langers family.

Just tried CrossFit for the first time, think I may have died in that gym and entered an alternative reality.

Burpees - Pull ups - Squats

For reps
18-12-6-3

Didn't sound like much at the start. I'm so unfit!

Just been and bought this from Leisure Lakes Bikes:

84852_1_SuperSize.jpg

Cube Attain SL Disc. Pick it up on Monday. 2017 is going to be awesome!

More details - http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/12...l-disc-racing-road-bike-2016-black-green.aspx

They did a price match for me as it's listed on Tredz for £839. Got some Shimno pedals and Specialized shoes and all. Was going to get something on Cycle2Work after Christmas, but that can only be on full price, not sale items, up to £1000. The spec I could get for that couldn't match up to the Cube and the saving with the price match was as good as, if not better than, the overall saving from using the Cycle2Work scheme.

Pretty fucking excited to be getting a "proper" road bike after riding a Hybrid for the past 4-5 years.

That aint a bike, this was a bike !!

14925494_1191783377552114_7121325678301952521_n.jpg

Back