• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Just been and bought this from Leisure Lakes Bikes:

84852_1_SuperSize.jpg

Cube Attain SL Disc. Pick it up on Monday. 2017 is going to be awesome!

More details - http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/12...l-disc-racing-road-bike-2016-black-green.aspx

They did a price match for me as it's listed on Tredz for £839. Got some Shimno pedals and Specialized shoes and all. Was going to get something on Cycle2Work after Christmas, but that can only be on full price, not sale items, up to £1000. The spec I could get for that couldn't match up to the Cube and the saving with the price match was as good as, if not better than, the overall saving from using the Cycle2Work scheme.

Pretty $#@!ing excited to be getting a "proper" road bike after riding a Hybrid for the past 4-5 years.

I have an Orbea Carpe 10 bike, it is also a hybrid am extremely happy with it, but agree a real road bike takes some beating.

I have an Orbea Carpe 10 bike, it is also a hybrid am extremely happy with it, but agree a real road bike takes some beating.
I'll still keep my hybrid for commenting as it's a horrible, stop-start journey on shitty roads. This will be for the longer evening and weekend rides. Hoping to do loads more events and organised group rides this year too, so wanted something far more up to the task.

11f68a7a7c8dc5cb021bdcfac3196508.jpg

Oh yes, serious bike erection going on here.
Just need to practice clipping in and out of the pedals!

Looks decent and a bargain. The disc brakes are a big draw. The caliper brakes on my bike are pretty useless unless it's dry.

Been for my first run since I was about 16 this morning. Only managed a mile at 8.28, but it's a start and something to build on.

Been for my first run since I was about 16 this morning. Only managed a mile at 8.28, but it's a start and something to build on.

Well done. I wouldn't look at the watch in the first few weeks and don't worry about stop starting. Try not to push to hard in the beginning.

Nowt wrong with that mate - especially if you've not ran for so long. I think I was nearer 12 minutes when I started again!

Just want to build the distance at the moment.

I stopped at half a mile, so my plan for Tuesday is to try and do a mile without stopping, the increase until I'm up to about 5 mile.

I'm sure you'll be fine pretty quickly. Your fitness must be pretty good already with all the cycling you did last year - especially the big charity ride.

I think it's all disappeared as I've not been out for a few months, but something I have learnt is it doesn't take long to get it back.

Set youself route and stick to it. Finish it even if you have to walk a lot of it.set a time of day and a routine, keep to ot if you can. Don't be too competitive with yourself for a few weeks.

Running has just never appealed to me. What do you guys get out of it?

As I have very little cartilege in my left knee now was told not to even contemplate running as it would cause more damage than it would solve on fitness issues (not that I was anyway) but that cycling was fine & I should do some exercise more challenging than bowls!

Having never been a keen cyclist am unsure what sort of bike I should get or how much is reasonable to pay (not looking to win time trials, just get a bit more effort into what I do) - have a decent cycle shop in town, but easy to get carried away with their enthusiasm for the sport & pay more than I need.

I know that there are some keen cyclists on here - thoughts?

Time is the reason I'm looking at it. Half an hour on the bike will do very little where 30 minutes jogging will.

As I have very little cartilege in my left knee now was told not to even contemplate running as it would cause more damage than it would solve on fitness issues (not that I was anyway) but that cycling was fine & I should do some exercise more challenging than bowls!

Having never been a keen cyclist am unsure what sort of bike I should get or how much is reasonable to pay (not looking to win time trials, just get a bit more effort into what I do) - have a decent cycle shop in town, but easy to get carried away with their enthusiasm for the sport & pay more than I need.

I know that there are some keen cyclists on here - thoughts?

If you're not planning on doing hundreds of miles I'd have a look at hybrid bikes.

A feeling of accomplishment, something you can do anywhere at any time, stress relieving, fitness, competitiveness when trying to set your best times, something you can do in a group (not something I've done much though - I tend to do it on my own).

And that might be the best potential fnarr ever.

If you're not planning on doing hundreds of miles I'd have a look at hybrid bikes.

I'd be happy with anything approaching double figures initially - there are more hills in Dorset than I thought there were

Always hated running unless it was on the football pitch. The effort I put in when we were told to go for a run in training was pitiful but in a game run around like a nutter for 90 minutes.

Always hated running unless it was on the football pitch. The effort I put in when we were told to go for a run in training was pitiful but in a game run around like a nutter for 90 minutes.
Likewise, I was quick once upon a time but running laps round a pitch, forget it.

Back