• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Frame: Direct connect carbon evolution frame with PF30, tapered head tube, internal cable routing (Di2 ready). Performance race geometry

Fork: Raleigh C6 carbon blade 1.1/8"-1.1/2" carbon steerer

Headset: FSA Orbit

Bars: FSA SLK carbon

Stem: FSA SLK carbon

Speed: 22

Front Mech: SRAM RED 22

Rear Mech: SRAM RED 22

Shifters SRAM RED 22

Chainset: SRAM Red 22 53/39t

Bottom Bracket: SRAM PF30

Cassette: Red 11-26t

Chain: SRAM

Front Brake: SRAM Red

Rear Brake: SRAM Red

Rims: Cole C38 Lite

Front Hub: Cole C38 Lite

Rear Hub: Cole C38 Lite

Spokes: Cole C38 Lite

Tyres: Schwalbe One 700 x 23c Front Schwalbe One 700 x 23c Rear

Seatpost: FSA SLK 350mm

No basket for your shopping? Pfft.

I have one of these.

1d7d0f0428598223c1bf71b8efcbcb60.png

Frame: Direct connect carbon evolution frame with PF30, tapered head tube, internal cable routing (Di2 ready). Performance race geometry

Fork: Raleigh C6 carbon blade 1.1/8"-1.1/2" carbon steerer

Headset: FSA Orbit

Bars: FSA SLK carbon

Stem: FSA SLK carbon

Speed: 22

Front Mech: SRAM RED 22

Rear Mech: SRAM RED 22

Shifters SRAM RED 22

Chainset: SRAM Red 22 53/39t

Bottom Bracket: SRAM PF30

Cassette: Red 11-26t

Chain: SRAM

Front Brake: SRAM Red

Rear Brake: SRAM Red

Rims: Cole C38 Lite

Front Hub: Cole C38 Lite

Rear Hub: Cole C38 Lite

Spokes: Cole C38 Lite

Tyres: Schwalbe One 700 x 23c Front Schwalbe One 700 x 23c Rear

Seatpost: FSA SLK 350mm

What is the weight of the bike? Penk.

Got my first ever race tomorrow - Coventry 10k. Quite looking forward to it - I'm hoping for sub 50 minutes but don't think I'll trouble my PB.

Just means I can't join everyone down the pub later as I doubt that's appropriate preparation!

Got my first ever race tomorrow - Coventry 10k. Quite looking forward to it - I'm hoping for sub 50 minutes but don't think I'll trouble my PB.

Just means I can't join everyone down the pub later as I doubt that's appropriate preparation!

Class! Run well mate it'll be class

Coventry 10k done. New personal best! 45:40.

Delighted with that. A most enjoyable race, was fucking freezing when I started but fortunately it didn't take long to warm up.

Delighted with that. A most enjoyable race, was fucking freezing when I started but fortunately it didn't take long to warm up.

Congratulations. I recall you saying you doubted if you get a PB. It shows what can be done.

Congratulations. I recall you saying you doubted if you get a PB. It shows what can be done.
Thanks! I definitely think it helps running with other people. I was keeping pace with one bloke for a while before his superior fitness saw him speed off ahead of me!

It was rather nice to lap my 4 colleagues who ran with me too. :icon_lol:

I couldn't have given it any more and I really ache now but it was really worth it.

No idea on the running. I was good thirty years ago.

However two weeks without a fag and I feel fucking tremendous for that. That'll do me for now. Slinging bikes up Mont Ventoux and so on can come along later!

Thanks! I definitely think it helps running with other people. I was keeping pace with one bloke for a while before his superior fitness saw him speed off ahead of me!

It was rather nice to lap my 4 colleagues who ran with me too. :icon_lol:

I couldn't have given it any more and I really ache now but it was really worth it.

As you know I did a lot of running in my younger days, and yes it always helps running with and against other people. Set targets and stick with them, which you clearly did. And if you feel good later in the race, then push on. Your next target is possibly a half marathon?

Normally my split times get slower and slower but I kicked on for the last 2 miles which I don't think I've done before. I just didn't feel like I was running out of steam.

I guess I should look at a half marathon but would imagine it's a very different kind of race. I think I should enter a few more 10k races in 2017 because it does give you a bit of a buzz.

Normally my split times get slower and slower but I kicked on for the last 2 miles which I don't think I've done before. I just didn't feel like I was running out of steam.

I guess I should look at a half marathon but would imagine it's a very different kind of race. I think I should enter a few more 10k races in 2017 because it does give you a bit of a buzz.

That is fair comment. But I can almost guarantee that after a few 10k races you will want to try for the longer distance. Once you get the running bug it stays with you. I really enjoyed running marathons, but the training was hard, and often lonely.

That is fair comment. But I can almost guarantee that after a few 10k races you will want to try for the longer distance. Once you get the running bug it stays with you. I really enjoyed running marathons, but the training was hard, and often lonely.
I've only ever trained with others once and didn't enjoy it that much. If I found someone of a similar mindset to train with it'd probably be better. But I really enjoy running on my own - I often use that time to ponder things in my head. Sounds a bit silly I know but it REALLY helped me a couple of years ago when I was experiencing much tougher times. I find it helps me de-stress.

Congrats on this - as someone who rarely managed to perform at anything over 400 metres (though I was a passable sprinter & long/triple jumper) I cannot see the enjoyment of that distance

It's not silly at all. I used to run many a mile with just my own thoughts for company. I think I cured all the wrongs in the world in a couple of hour training session...!!

Congrats on this - as someone who rarely managed to perform at anything over 400 metres (though I was a passable sprinter & long/triple jumper) I cannot see the enjoyment of that distance
Thanks Peter. It's impossible to explain why I enjoy it but I suppose it's the accomplishment at the end of it. I can certainly understand why it doesn't appeal to most people though!

Really proud of myself today... Been just over a year since I returned to a regular workout regimen and I've lost 39 pounds. Look and feel better than I have since high school.

Fucking brilliant to see such clear results. Makes all the hard work worth it.

Thanks Peter. It's impossible to explain why I enjoy it but I suppose it's the accomplishment at the end of it. I can certainly understand why it doesn't appeal to most people though!

Used to get a sense of accomplishment when I beat my time/distance in the 200m or long jump (these being my best events) - I suppose personal physical makeup has an impact on what you would enjoy doing/be appropriate disciplines

I've only ever trained with others once and didn't enjoy it that much. If I found someone of a similar mindset to train with it'd probably be better. But I really enjoy running on my own - I often use that time to ponder things in my head. Sounds a bit silly I know but it REALLY helped me a couple of years ago when I was experiencing much tougher times. I find it helps me de-stress.

Congrats on the PB and if training works for you on your own stick with it. Plenty of people prefer that.

Back