• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Cheers Jack...I need to get back into the gym too so will have a look into the detox first

My aim for January was to lose a stone and I've managed to achieve that already.

On the fourth day of my juice detox and I've lost 6lb so far this week and I'm feeling good this morning!

Are these 5 day detox's actually the right thing to do? Surely as soon as you starting eating again the weight will go back on?

It can do but the detox has actually made me feel really good and I don't want to go back to how I ate before when putting weight on. I really enjoy the juices so I'm going to incorporate them into my diet going forward along with it being generally more healthy.

The results speak for themselves and I want to keep seeing them.

Yeah, but you can't do a juice detox for the rest of your life.

Well no I understand that but there is no reason why I can't have a juice for breakfast or for dinner.

It's all about choices and up to now I've been making the wrong ones.

Fitness regime on hold until I get shot of this bastard illness. Frustrating isn't the word.

I'm currently enjoying the norovirus weight loss program. Joy.

Norovirus fact: There are around 100,000 virus particles in every millilitre of bodily fluid you expel, and it only takes around 10 virus particles to pick up an infectious dose.

So be careful what you touch after going to the toilet and wash your hands thoroughly each time with soap and water. Or everyone in the house will get it!

It's hard enough focusing on not shitting myself! I've been banished to the spare room. Really shouldn't have come to work though. Just glad I'm very close to a bathroom...

I'd be livid if one of my colleagues came to work with norovirus. It's so infectious you'll be lucky not to give it to everyone there.

I have weighed myself and am now officially overweight rather than obese...a strange landmark to be proud of!

I'd be livid if one of my colleagues came to work with norovirus. It's so infectious you'll be lucky not to give it to everyone there.

Oh absolutely - but with no sick pay here, and me moving house next week, I just couldn't afford to stay home.

Ducked under 13 stone for the first time since in.....oh a long time. Two weeks behind my original target but I didn't factor in Christmas. Just another 1 1/2 stones to go until the official "healthy weight range".

Out tonight to celebrate - Smiths tribute, beer and a curry.

I need to get back into my running really, I was doing well until December then I decided to knock it on the head and just enjoy Christmas for what it is. I've hurt my back since which restricts me a bit and so I've piled weight back on. Hopefully it clears up soon and I can get back into it, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I could never stand running for running's sake when I was playing football so I really didn't think I'd stick to it but once you have a regime and a fixed goal it's ok.

Try this site it's one I use...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com
quite good for monitoring food intake.

From a fitness point of View, Personnal trainers are excellent, not constantly doing the same thing is good.........
It got to the stage I could do 2 hours plus of cardio with little to no effect my body was just used to it, and that included 2 or 3 back to back spin classes......

I changed my program shocked my body and got some decent results, then back to heavy Cardio, trouble is muscle quickly remembers... #Been doing fitness in the gyms since I was a very overweight 30 year old

http://produmbbellworkouts.com/5-day-cutting-dumbbell-workout/

This is what I use, but do A, B, C, A & B, as you need a bench to do some of the D & E ones.

It also has links to how you do the exercises.

That looks quite good, I have started doing drop sets to failure decent results to these...
Basically start of with heavy weights till you can do no more reps, then drop to a lower weight and repeat to failure, finish off with a lower weight again to failure.

for instance my presses both finish with 6K, yet after 10 I can barely lift them

It's pretty easy to figure out.

I have a 4 day split for lifting.

Day 1 - Chest and Triceps
Day 2 - Back and Biceps
Day 3 - Shoulders and Traps
Day 4 - Legs

I do 5 or 6 exercises for each of chest, back, and legs. 2 or 3 exercises for the other groups listed. If you find yourself plateauing, switch up the exercises (ie. chest leveling off, switch to dumbbells or cables instead of barbells).

interesting may try that

I do

Day 1 - Shoulders and Chest
Day 2 - Cardio
Day 3 - Arms (Biceps and Triceps)
Day 4 - Cardio
Day 5 - Back and Legs
Day 6 - Day Off (Golf)
Day 7 - Cardio

Got my fat man stats done

Metabolic age 22
% Fat 17
Heart rate per minute 55

Not bad considering all I've done for 5 years is eat, drink beer and do minimal exercise.

I'm looking forward to being fit again now. Something I don't want to let slip any longer.

Back