• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

I did 2.5k tonight but that was just running as opposed to walking/running. Going again on Sunday and it feels good to be exercising again.

Sunday league starts again tomorrow, back up to 4 games of footy a week now, fantastic.

Anybody who is struggling for a bit of motivation trying to get into there health kick this January should give this video a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mS0YA465ts

Really inspiring especially the transformation you get to see at the end.

Still doing the dumbbells most nights. I wouldn't have the motivation to go to the gym, but find it quite easy at home.

I'll be easing myself back in at two 1.5 milers per day starting tomorrow, before and after work. Hopefully I'll be able to step it up a few notches in a couple of weeks. A good energetic playlist for my iPod should be enough to get me through the miserable weather.

Still doing the dumbbells most nights. I wouldn't have the motivation to go to the gym, but find it quite easy at home.

Hi Penk

I've just bought myself a set of beginners dumbells. (1Kg, 1.5 kg and 2.5 kg).
Can you suggest 3/4 simple workouts I can do every couple of days that don't take too much time? I really don't have a clue!

Thanks a lot

I'll have a look what the exercises I do are called and put them up for you when I'm at home later. They might be the wrong exercises for what you're trying to achieve, as my dumbbells are currently 16.5kg and 10kg depending which exercise I'm doing.

I'll have a look what the exercises I do are called and put them up for you when I'm at home later. They might be the wrong exercises for what you're trying to achieve, as my dumbbells are currently 16.5kg and 10kg depending which exercise I'm doing.

Bloody Hell - They are not dumbells - they are mini houses!

After reaching my heaviest I've decided to make a change to my lifestyle.

I've been off the booze since the first as well as improving my diet and I've been to the gym 5 times this week which is new for me! Anyway it's beginning to pay off as I've lost 7lb in the last 9 days which I'm chuffed with. Long way to go yet but it's a start.

After reaching my heaviest I've decided to make a change to my lifestyle.

I've been off the booze since the first as well as improving my diet and I've been to the gym 5 times this week which is new for me! Anyway it's beginning to pay off as I've lost 7lb in the last 9 days which I'm chuffed with. Long way to go yet but it's a start.

You might want to think about slowing down unless 5 visits to the gym a week is sustainable otherwise if it starts to slip it will feel like a failure.

I made the same decision as you back in September - lost the same 7lbs in the first week and 4 weeks to lose the next 7lbs. This is normal. I reduced my calorie intake to 500 a day less than the recommended for a man my age and size and have gradually increased the amount of excercise I do.

I now run 5k 3 or 4 times a week - threw in a 10k too but it hurt my knees and stopped me running for a week.

I have lost 2 stones now and reduced my waist size by about 6 inches. My diet is as boring as fuck without my junk food but as that was the cause of my ever expanding girth it had to go.

Still have another 2 stone to go, have just taken loads of clothes to the charity shop which was a big decision as I was keeping them in case I slipped up but they look stupid on me now.

Feels worth it at the moment but now I have started I might as well go all the way and lose the whole 4 stone and reach my apparent ideal weight.

My first post ever in this thread!

One of my resolutions this year was to get fit again, as I haven't done any proper exercise for an unforgivably long time. So I've been doing some running to get me started - just over 3 miles per run, and I've done 6 so far. I'm already noticing results which is great. A good friend of mine is a fitness instructor so has given me some decent tips and said he'll monitor how I'm getting on and adjust what I'm doing accordingly.

Working from home today so I'm about to go and do my run before I start work.

Weirdly, I'm actually enjoying it.

Hoping to get some element of all clear on my ankle sometime soon, then back out on the bike. Miss it.

32 minutes. Not my fastest but I had to contend with frosty pavements and the general bastard public getting in my way.

FFS - there are 5 of you blocking the pavement. Is that necessary? If the pavement is narrow, I'll check the road and if all is clear I will run around you. But 5 people in a line? Fuck off - you go jaywalking you inconsiderate wankers.

A good friend of mine is a fitness instructor so has given me some decent tips and said he'll monitor how I'm getting on and adjust what I'm doing

Weirdly, I'm actually enjoying it.

Do share those tips. I did 29:30 for a 5k and would like to bring that down a bit. I don't like running much but I like competing against myself.

You might want to think about slowing down unless 5 visits to the gym a week is sustainable otherwise if it starts to slip it will feel like a failure.

I made the same decision as you back in September - lost the same 7lbs in the first week and 4 weeks to lose the next 7lbs. This is normal. I reduced my calorie intake to 500 a day less than the recommended for a man my age and size and have gradually increased the amount of excercise I do.

I now run 5k 3 or 4 times a week - threw in a 10k too but it hurt my knees and stopped me running for a week.

I have lost 2 stones now and reduced my waist size by about 6 inches. My diet is as boring as fuck without my junk food but as that was the cause of my ever expanding girth it had to go.

Still have another 2 stone to go, have just taken loads of clothes to the charity shop which was a big decision as I was keeping them in case I slipped up but they look stupid on me now.

Feels worth it at the moment but now I have started I might as well go all the way and lose the whole 4 stone and reach my apparent ideal weight.

Cheers TSB. I've struggled with my weight since I was in my teens and I've always half heartedly tried to sort it out but always failed myself. I feel different this time and much more motivated!

I agree that 5 times a week at the gym is unsustainable really but that is just how this week has fallen and given I'm currently unemployed I've not got much else to do outside of job hunting!

One of my main problems is that I really don't like a lot of fruit or vegetables so I've decided to turn to juicing to try and get myself some more nutrients into my diet. Kicking it all off with a 5 day juice detox next week and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll keep this thread updated with my progress if anybody is ever interested in how it goes.

Back