• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

I've started going vegetarian. I imagine it's going to be hard in the early days but hopefully will get easier over time.

How can that be healthy?

You still have 600 calories on your fast days but on top of losing weight the limited intake lowers a growth hormone in your body which stops your internal organs ageing as fast. It also lowers cholesterol somehow.

The best thing is that on normal days you can eat as unhealthily as you like and it still has the same benefits.

I've started going vegetarian. I imagine it's going to be hard in the early days but hopefully will get easier over time.

I went near enough vegan in Feb and have lost nearly 30 of your American pounds. Best thing I've done for my health in many years, but I didn't just substitute regular crap food for vegan crap food, but replaced pretty much all processed foods with whole foods.

As a confirmed meat and dairy eater I would have never have usually considered such a radical change to my diet and I went 12 months from first considering it to actually doing it, but once the decision was made to try it out I went from "normal" to whole food vegan overnight and haven't missed anything I though I would. That said, I have since eaten a bit of meat on special occasions like a BBQ with friends, or going out to a steakhouse with colleagues on a leaving do and I don't intend on putting people out at Christmas so I'll eat meat then too but 99.9% of the time I don't eat any animal products.

I suggest your watch Forks over Knives http://www.forksoverknives.com/ and if interested read the Engine 2 Diet http://engine2diet.com/ book which was the thing that got me into it.

What's wrong with just having a balanced diet?

Precisely. And exercise.

I've lost 2 1/2 stone doing just that. These fad diets aren't healthy. And will only lead to weight going back on!

What's wrong with just having a balanced diet?

It is a balanced diet. I get precisely everything I need from eating plant based food, what's unbalanced about it? I don't do portion sizes, I don't count calories. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. Simple as.

It is a balanced diet. I get precisely everything I need from eating plant based food, what's unbalanced about it? I don't do portion sizes, I don't count calories. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. Simple as.

I was responding to Bear. Sorry dude, should've quoted his post.

I eat plenty of healthy stuff. I just eat a bit too much of it as well as the bad stuff.

Other than limiting my calorie intake for two days a week I can't see a downside to be honest, and I get to eat whatever I want the rest of the time.

Buy smaller plates :icon_wink:

Pleased that my fitness work has been paying off, did my normal 2 mile run this morning then got back and blasted the bike over a 12.5 mile jaunt, felt really good going round.

I still have a big belly though....

Being doing dumbbells at home most nights for the past 3 months. 6 pack not quite there, but it's not too far away. Gone down to 30" waist from 32".

Craig Spellard :icon_biggrin:

Sorry I'm too hot !

I went near enough vegan in Feb and have lost nearly 30 of your American pounds. Best thing I've done for my health in many years, but I didn't just substitute regular crap food for vegan crap food, but replaced pretty much all processed foods with whole foods.

As a confirmed meat and dairy eater I would have never have usually considered such a radical change to my diet and I went 12 months from first considering it to actually doing it, but once the decision was made to try it out I went from "normal" to whole food vegan overnight and haven't missed anything I though I would. That said, I have since eaten a bit of meat on special occasions like a BBQ with friends, or going out to a steakhouse with colleagues on a leaving do and I don't intend on putting people out at Christmas so I'll eat meat then too but 99.9% of the time I don't eat any animal products.

I suggest your watch Forks over Knives http://www.forksoverknives.com/ and if interested read the Engine 2 Diet http://engine2diet.com/ book which was the thing that got me into it.

I don't think I could ever go vegan as I can't eat beans and thus it would be difficult to cut dairy out entirely. That would also require me to go through my clothes and check what's come from an animal and what hasn't and it would be a pain.

I'll look into those links, I appreciate the advice. What sorts of whole foods are the staples in your diet now?

Back