• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

First time I've weighed myself since new year's day, when I was 84kg.
77kg! Get in!

Good work Del!

I've lost 16lbs since new years day so I'm pretty happy with that!

Got my fat man stats done

Metabolic age 22
% Fat 17
Heart rate per minute 55

Not bad considering all I've done for 5 years is eat, drink beer and do minimal exercise.

I'm looking forward to being fit again now. Something I don't want to let slip any longer.

Bloody hell you must be skinny, 17% body fat and a resting heart rate that is on a par with endurance athletes. Fair play to you, maybe you should take up iron man as you're naturally fit. Especially as all you've done is drink beer and not exercise.

I'm 107KG and 22% body fat (skin fold measurement). Could do with getting down to 100KG and toning the muscles more. Happy doing reps to exhaustion at the moment,although I'm walking like I have a hip replacement at the moment!

Bloody hell you must be skinny, 17% body fat and a resting heart rate that is on a par with endurance athletes. Fair play to you, maybe you should take up iron man as you're naturally fit. Especially as all you've done is drink beer and not exercise.

I'm 107KG and 22% body fat (skin fold measurement). Could do with getting down to 100KG and toning the muscles more. Happy doing reps to exhaustion at the moment,although I'm walking like I have a hip replacement at the moment!

Well I'm actually 82.1KG and only 5'9" so I was expecting worse? The heartrate I didn't expect either. I suppose I should thank my body for not giving up on me :icon_lol:, I am trying to reward it a bit now.

Where did you get your stats done B3h?

Hospital where I work. They just offered it for the day so I went along.

I lost 10 stones in 11 months , walking for an hour 5 or 6 days a week. That was 5 years ago . Ive gone from a 50 inch waist to a 32 inch waist . I did start running , I enjoyed it , but in the end you get more and more injuries and you plateau . I've never Known a gym instructor who runs s alot .I never lost weight running.

I walk briskly for an hour a day . I do weights 3 times a week to keep toned. Do the walk when you get up .Routine is every thing . Also with walking , it relaxes you .You have timethink your day out .

The advice I would give with this walking exercise .Don't buy new clothes every month. I have trousers from 50 inch waist , 48 , 46 , 44 , 42 , 40 38 , 36 , 34 that are too big for me . Not to mention the 60 inch chest now down to 42. That is a lot of wasted clothes.

I will never put weight on again .Walking fast really works and i'ts easy,

Just found my 1995 Nutmeg Wolves shirt (with the city emblem). And it only bloody fits me. An 18 year old top I got for my 15th birthday and it fits like new.

It wouldn't have fit before the start of this month. I'm really quite pleased!

Just found my 1995 Nutmeg Wolves shirt (with the city emblem). And it only bloody fits me. An 18 year old top I got for my 15th birthday and it fits like new.

It wouldn't have fit before the start of this month. I'm really quite pleased!

I hope you washed it , before you put it on.

Certainly did - it's in pristine condition. Remarkable really when you think of the shoddy quality of kits in recent years. Not a bobble in sight and the sponsor hasn't faded at all. Nice embroidered badge too. It's a quality top.

1796443_10152782281235016_441877684_n.jpg

#trim

Certainly did - it's in pristine condition. Remarkable really when you think of the shoddy quality of kits in recent years. Not a bobble in sight and the sponsor hasn't faded at all. Nice embroidered badge too. It's a quality top.

#trim

Were you a bit porky , when you were 15? haha. What happened to the shorts , I can't remember playing with blue shorts and old gold top.

Were you a bit porky , when you were 15?

:icon_lol: No - very slender. I put on a little bit of weight over the past decade (as you do) and not exercising didn't help. But I've already noticed a pretty significant difference since I've started running as a new year's resolution.

Importantly, I actually really enjoy it so I think I'll keep it going.

#trim

That's a lot of beard for a 15 year old.

He could have a light trim and give the clippings to Leigh as a leaving present.

I'm falling off wagons all over the place. Just had a McDonalds, with a side order of KFC.

I'm falling off wagons all over the place. Just had a McDonalds, with a side order of KFC.

Fair play.

This winter weather cancelling football matches isn't helping me shift the Christmas bulge. Might have to make a bit more of an effort, haven't been swimming in years and the baths is only a minutes walk away.

Been out on the bike for the first time in ages - spent some time servicing it and fitting slicks and it's lovely. Couple of eight-mile lunchtime rides this week, swimming tomorrow and, hopefully back running in a week or so if the doctor gives me the all-clear.

Back