• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

The problem with your quite correct assumption is that the left hand side hasn’t worked yet. Not being worse isn’t going to be better unless Gordon is ahead of him. If Shaw is fit for 45 minutes he should play. You wouldn’t want to bring him on in case he breaks down.
Oh absolutely, I'd have had Gordon in right from the start with having to use a RB at LB. Wouldn't have cured all the issues but surely got to be better having a career left sided player, gotvto be better balanced, especially as he's been very good this season.
Think it's a huge risk playing Shaw even if he's fit which I doubt.

In individual quality Slovakia aren't that good but they are quite capable of being well organised. In the Belgium game they scored early on and then defended well. They were vulnerable at the back to an intense press but Belgium didn't do much of it - not sure it is something we are capable of either with Kane is it? Similar to the Belgians with Lukaku.

I'm not confident that we can break them down. I wouldn't say they are any worse than Slovenia. If Slovakia score then I would be seriously worried about our ability to score more than once, and then you're looking at penalties at best.

You could press them if Gordon/Foden/Saka play as Kane could just drop a little when it’s on. Not sure if Palmer can or Bellingham if Southgate insists on having him as a 10.

What I’ve seen of Mainoo I think he can be a bit inconsistent he was very poor on the friendly v Iceland if I remember rightly.

What I’ve seen of Mainoo I think he can be a bit inconsistent he was very poor on the friendly v Iceland if I remember rightly.
I think what he offered the other day when he came on was energy and he does have some talent, we'd been very flat for 2 games before that. I'd like to have seen Wharton but I'm happy enough for him to be in if Southgate refuses to drop Bellingham back a little bit.

He was better than Gallagher, which is the only bar he needs to get over in this tournament.

Wharton would probably be better all round but Gaz ain't gonna pick him over a Man Utd player is he.

Both teams spending most of the first 13 mins rolling around on the floor

Already a few chances in this game, shame nobody is clinical. Switzerland looking a decent side. They press well and play on the front foot.

Italy playing lower level Premier League rubbish like Darmian and El Shaaraway and seem really shit. Not sure why Zaccagni isn't starting?

Has a proper Italian 1-0 shithousery about it with a goal on the hour mark.

Italy are shocking trying to break the Swiss press. Half-panicking all the time and giving it away time after time.

Edit: Oatley and Barton just confirming it’s been 15 turnovers just from Italian defenders. Now 16!

Where was Murat Yakin before Switzerland seems to have them really well set up.

Swiss finding it far to easy to pass into the forwards dropping deep. Italy midfield neither pressing to cut out pass, cutting the lanes or being tight to the forward.

Like what I’ve seen from his side
Agree, was surprised he’s been “stuck” in the Swiss League.

There you go, Suisse keep on like this and Yakin might get a job in a big league anyway (though it’s always possible he just fits int’l football better).

Back