• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

El Shaarawy for one is an odd choice. He was a nothing player at his peak so not sure where he has been dug up from at 31. Scamacca looks awful, not that they're giving him anything to work with but still. I just see nothing about this team to be optimistic about.

Been behind in every game including Albania and were seconds away from defeat against Croatia.

I've been a long time advocate of Spalletti for the job but he will face all kinds of criticism on his return to Italy (tomorrow).

Retegui coming on
Shaarawy has been living on his breakthrough at Milan (IIRC) for his whole career. Kinda Lamela-esque.

You lost, Donnarumma, just shut up.

What a fucking disgrace, there was no fight and desire about any of them and Scamacca is even worse than Immobile used to be. When I think back to the Italy teams I grew up with these lot are not fit to lace their boots. I'm not even too bothered as they've stunk the tournament out and deserve all the shit they'll get when they're back home. Good riddance to bad rubbish

Feel a bit bad for the Italians tbh, really looked like the manager hanging the players out to dry to me. Just a mess all over the place, no semblance of a plan in any phase of play.

Will be interesting what that was ruled out for, no VAR check on it.

Blocking of the defender and whistled before the ball hit the net.

Very strong start by Germany and can't tell yet why that was disallowed

Nah your fuming if that’s against you. You’ve got to be a little cuter with the block, it’s blatant and the ref saw it

Just seen replays here, not given against scorer, another german player took out clinically the danish defender who was tracking the scorer.
As mentioned earlier, ref blew before ball was in back of net.
Brave decision from the ref.

Germany have created more against Denmark in 20 minutes than we did in 90.

Denmark have grown into it a bit more the last ten or so.
If the pattern holds, Denmark will keep Germany in sight for 70 minutes until Fullkrüg comes on for Havertz.

Every time I see Havertz I'm mystified at the reputation he once had. Never actually saw him at Leverkusen (right?) though.

Back