• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Cheers GFFH. Loan or permanent?

Cheers GFFH. Loan or permanent?

Info has been a bit vague last few days but pretty sure it's a loan. Biggest problem now is the premier league teams not finishing their own business until the last minute. Makes it hard to sign a player from them right now plus there is the competition from other championship clubs. Sheffield Wednesday for example are desperate for a striker!

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 48s49 seconds ago
Wolves have been trying to sign a striker since Saturday night to replace Dicko but without success. 'Multiple bids' put in.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 8s9 seconds ago
All bids turned down so far. Kenny Jackett hoping to bring someone in before 6pm but not optimistic, clubs unwilling to sell.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 8s9 seconds ago
Rajiv van La Parra back at Wolves after clubs, including Leeds, pulled out of signing him. KJ expecting him to stay.

Stearman now a Fulham player

CN0cgxkWwAAVTSs.jpg

If we don't get a striker in we can always use the loan window for the same player until January. It'll open before the Bolton game so could still be signed in time to feature in that game.

Stearman now a Fulham player

CN0cgxkWwAAVTSs.jpg

I'm not happy with this one. If it was for footballing reasons then what the reasons behind picking him as first choice for every game of 2015? A £1m gain is sweet FA compared to the riches of going up and we are weakened by his leaving.

Glenn Murray to Bournemouth - does that free up Kermogant for a loan?

I'm not happy with this one. If it was for footballing reasons then what the reasons behind picking him as first choice for every game of 2015? A £1m gain is sweet FA compared to the riches of going up and we are weakened by his leaving.

Things move on. Not as if he started the season particularly well, we have Batth coming back soon, EEL is 23 soon and needs to be playing football, Hause is clearly viewed as a player for now and not just the future. From a squad depth point of view it makes little sense to have four first team centre halves - plus Iorfa who Ken thinks will be a CH at some point, plus anyone in the Academy coming through - you're never going to use them. Hause played 0 minutes at centre half last season.

Going back a while, we spent ages chasing Tony Dinning, he played pretty much every game he was available for when he was at the club including the first 3-4 at the start of 2001/2, bid came in and we let him go. That's football.

The manager's judgement call is that the two younger centre halves we have are not much of a downgrade if at all, and have much more improvement in them as opposed to Stearman being as good now as he ever will be. Stearman being a player who was dropped on merit less than a year ago and no-one cared that much. A player who couldn't get in our League One team to begin with. I was nowhere near as big a critic of his as many but I don't really get the flapping about him leaving, he's decent for this level but I don't really consider him to be indispensable at all. We gave him the opportunity to skipper the side and be the leader of the defence in Batth's absence, a task he failed badly in this season's early games, we looked more solid without him in the team on Saturday. Thanks and bye.

It'll be interesting to hear any quotes from Stearman, i'm fed up with people telling me. 'he didn't want to go'.

Why are people acting like this is the end of the world? I try not to slam opinions of others but you would think the world was ending or something! Losing two key players sucks, I don't have my head in the sand over that but we can't forget the winger we've brought in and we are not in any form of relegation scrap right now (only Rotherham should be seriously worried about that right now)

Still - we gonna get in a new defender? I would imagine any striker will come in the loan window rather than now if Wolves are finding it so hard to get strikers

I'm disappointed to see Stears go and wish him all the best.

If we don't get a striker in we can always use the loan window for the same player until January. It'll open before the Bolton game so could still be signed in time to feature in that game.

We are desperate for one tonight as can only loan for 93 days in an emergency window, which rules them out of either September games or December games depending on when you sign them.

Ulloa is reportedly available.

I'd be all over that.

His goal record is very good but as a footballer he is horrible. Touch of a baby elephant.

Not exactly filled with optimism. RVLP is not good enough in any role. Shame we couldn't get rid of him. Dicko's injury is a major blow. I still think that I need to talk to one of my rich Arab friends about offering Morgan a few bob for the club that he is failing to fund! ' Penny pinching' will see us remaining outside the 'top flight' for aeons. Stearman is hardly First Division material and I welcome his departure, but if it is simply to fund other transfers then the 'footballing decision' is a piss-poor one. Mediocracy seems to be the dominant ideology at Molineux.

We are desperate for one tonight as can only loan for 93 days in an emergency window, which rules them out of either September games or December games depending on when you sign them.
Emergency loans are for 93 days or 31 days.

One of each, 93 then 31, will extend it into January.

Not ideal, obviously, and you'd always prefer to get one in tonight over that.

Back