• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

KMac move talk has gone completely quiet and seems to be entirely based on bookies cutting their odds. Stearman is gone fair enough. As for RVLP, he will be providing cover for Byrne and also would be the last in line back up striker to Afobe and Le Fondre. Bright would be ahead of him. Nuclear over-reactions would be stupid.

and come out to say RVLP, a player we want to sell, is now the replacement for Dicko -

Surely though, that is a sensible move. VLP can play as a striker for a game or 2. So if Dicko is out long term and we are unable to sign someone today, it would be a bit stupid to sell him right now.

What will probably happen is VLP stays, we try and use the loan market to cover Dicko and then VLP is offski.

I think there may be a striker coming in. I've heard murmurs of James Wilson on loan..

Surely though, that is a sensible move. VLP can play as a striker for a game or 2. So if Dicko is out long term and we are unable to sign someone today, it would be a bit stupid to sell him right now.

What will probably happen is VLP stays, we try and use the loan market to cover Dicko and then VLP is offski.

I can see the logic, but we may as well let him go and if Bright isn't up to being the third striker then loan one. Seems backwards thinking to me.

GK - Ikeme, Martinez

RB - Iorfa, Doherty

CB - Iorfa, Batth, Hause, EEL

LB - Golbourne, Deslandes

RM - Byrne, Henry

CM - McDonald, Coady, Edwards, Rowe, Saville

LM - Wallace, Ojo

CF - Afobe, Le Fondre

Have I missed anyone? Looks to me a as if we are short at LM and CF.

Ojo.

Think Deslandes will be the LB cover too.

I can see the logic, but we may as well let him go and if Bright isn't up to being the third striker then loan one. Seems backwards thinking to me.
Think VLP will be behind Bright. It would only be a short term thing anyway.

Any opportunity to get reasonable cash for RVLP has to be taken, let him go.

My issue would be with the Board, forcing Jackett is raise £1m to improve the team in one position whilst weakening it in another. I'm not a massive Stearman fan, but at this point in time, he's better than Hause, maybe not in 6 months or a year, but now. With our net spend this window Inc loan fees somewhere around £2.5m - £3m (estimated) I don't think finding that extra million for Jackett without having to self fund is unreasonable. As I said on Sunday though, I'm happy to wait until 6pm before moaning

Nah, working late today, so won't be for another hour or so!

GK - Ikeme, Martinez

RB - Iorfa, Doherty

CB - Iorfa, Batth, Hause, EEL

LB - Golbourne, Deslandes

RM - Byrne, Henry

CM - McDonald, Coady, Edwards, Rowe, Saville

LM - Wallace, Ojo

CF - Afobe, Le Fondre

Have I missed anyone? Looks to me a as if we are short at LM and CF.

Price?

'McDonald, Van La Parra, Afobe and Henry all trained this morning.'

I'm not against Van La Parra as a backup striker, his best game came in that position against Bournemouth before his sending off.

We're still after the second signing, a striker. We had no interest in Jonny Williams once Byrne was in the bag.

Back