• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Good news - Byrne, Jed Wallace... Some exciting young players

£4m for Mason, are Wolves on crack?

No would seem to be the answer

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 5m5 minutes ago
The speculative Joe Mason to Wolves links from earlier have been rubbished by a source close to the Welsh club.

The average age of the squad continues to fall with Stearman leaving (and McDonald possibly going to will knock it further).

We've bid £4m for Joe Mason. Either a sign that Dicko is out long term or Afobe off - probably the former.

E&S saying Norwich to bid £14m today. I know his value has been done to death on here, but that is a hell of a lot of money for him. IF we could sort Gayle permanently, I think I'd be taking that. I'd also look to hijack the Bradley Johnson deal if we have that amount of money as well.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/01/cardiff-reject-wolves-joe-mason-bid/

Far too late for Afobe now, even if we were offered £50m

Yeah, if we were going to sell we'd have done it at the end of last week when there was still (just) enough time to get a replacement. And I'm not sure I'd assume another striker coming in today to replace Dicko - an emergency loan to take us through until January might well work just as well for us, if his injury is 3 or 4 months rather than 5 or 6.

Sky is reporting that Oulare is having a medical at Watford.

Yeah, if we were going to sell we'd have done it at the end of last week when there was still (just) enough time to get a replacement. And I'm not sure I'd assume another striker coming in today to replace Dicko - an emergency loan to take us through until January might well work just as well for us, if his injury is 3 or 4 months rather than 5 or 6.

Sky is reporting that Oulare is having a medical at Watford.

Looks like we've brought in Rajiv Van La Parra to replace Dicko.

Yep, wouldn't be at all surprised if that's business done and dusted for today.

I still think Williams or a mid will come in and McD may go. Pure speculation on my part though, absolutely no proof or sources at all.

If we only bring in a winger, lose Stears, lose K-Mac and come out to say RVLP, a player we want to sell, is now the replacement for Dicko - expect some of this over the next week or two -

477px-Castle_Romeo.jpg

If we only bring in a winger, lose Stears, lose K-Mac and come out to say RVLP, a player we want to sell, is now the replacement for Dicko - expect some of this over the next week or two -

477px-Castle_Romeo.jpg
And rightly so in my view

Back