• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Emergency loans are for 93 days or 31 days.

One of each, 93 then 31, will extend it into January.

You can't do that. Once you've had someone on loan for 93 days on an emergency loan you can't have them any longer on that basis for the rest of the season. That was why we couldn't get Mancienne back in 2008/9 after the January window closed.

Oh right. I thought you could. I stand corrected!

Blackman is bang average. WE CAN DO BETTER.

@tim_spiers_Star
Whatever happens in the next three hours, Wolves are without their top 3 (Stearman, Sako, Dicko) from last season's POTS vote for 2015/16. :facepalm:

Good fact. Shame we couldn't control 2 of those though.

@tim_spiers_Star
Whatever happens in the next three hours, Wolves are without their top 3 (Stearman, Sako, Dicko) from last season's POTS vote for 2015/16. :facepalm:

On a more positive note, we will almost certainly be with the top 3 from this season by the end of the day.

Good fact. Shame we couldn't control 2 of those though.

no we could not control Dickos injury but we could have replaced Sako a lot earlier and have chosen to take the money for Stears who wanted a pay rise anyway. Still 2 hours plus to go but I am underwhelmed with the rumours so far and the fact our squad average age is about 12!

the fact our squad average age is about 12!

August 2008:

Hennessey (21)
Foley (23)
Stearman (21)
Collins (24)
Ward (23)
Kightly (22)
Henry (25)
Jones (23)
Jarvis (22)
Ebanks-Blake (22)
Iwelumo (30)

August 2015:

Ikeme (29)
Iorfa (20)
Batth (25)
Hause (20)
Golbourne (27)
McDonald (26)
Coady (22)
Byrne (23)
Afobe (22)
Ojo (18)
Le Fondre (28)

Struggling to see the problem personally.

if we're relying on RVLP to fire the goals for promtion, we should forget it. Pity we couldn't have got rid and brought in a better player

We clearly aren't though are we? Afobe and Le Fondre and also Bright are ahead of him FFS

Even still, relying on Bright is a tad optimistic. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd feel more comfortable if we bring a player in (but not some shite like Blackman!)

Another thing - the midfield faffing about has been because of the difficulty of fitting Dicko and Afobe into the same team. That's not going to be an issue any more. The team's free to go back to the 4-5-1 that's worked well before.

The first half of last season we had Dicko, Graham and Clarke as our options for that format, too, and I'd take Afobe, Le Fondre and Bright instead any day. One way to spin this positively...

What a shit position we've put ourselves in. Throwing bids around like confetti on deadline day.

August 2008:

Hennessey (21)
Foley (23)
Stearman (21)
Collins (24)
Ward (23)
Kightly (22)
Henry (25)
Jones (23)
Jarvis (22)
Ebanks-Blake (22)
Iwelumo (30)

August 2015:

Ikeme (29)
Iorfa (20)
Batth (25)
Hause (20)
Golbourne (27)
McDonald (26)
Coady (22)
Byrne (23)
Afobe (22)
Ojo (18)
Le Fondre (28)

I took a look at the whole 2 squads. 2008 had a 33 year old in Craddock ex prem a 34 year old in Mike Gray ex prem a 28 year old Matt Hill all part of the main squad giving the benefit of experience backing up 30 year old Iwelumo. I think our squad is young, hungry and inexperienced in comparison. And Ojo and ALF arent really ours at the moment

August 2008:

Hennessey (21)
Foley (23)
Stearman (21)
Collins (24)
Ward (23)
Kightly (22)
Henry (25)
Jones (23)
Jarvis (22)
Ebanks-Blake (22)
Iwelumo (30)

August 2015:

Ikeme (29)
Iorfa (20)
Batth (25)
Hause (20)
Golbourne (27)
McDonald (26)
Coady (22)
Byrne (23)
Afobe (22)
Ojo (18)
Le Fondre (28)

23.27 (2008) v 23.62 (2015) Whadyaknow....

Back