• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

What a shit position we've put ourselves in. Throwing bids around like confetti on deadline day.

Well, seeing as we lost a striker with an injury on Saturday and it was only confirmed he was out for the season this morning it may not be a surprise we are having to throw bids around in a bit of desperation.

Tim II has been shit today. He has spent most of his day tweeting random players names. No actual link or even a rumour just kicking out names. Been tweeting as a fan and not an actual journalist.

He will know the moment he mentions a name some will take it as a FACKT we were after them.

Craddock didn't play any games from mid-August until February. Gray played his final game for us at the start of November, Hill didn't make his debut until December. They weren't really factors at all. Experience is such an overrated commodity, I don't care what Danny Batth's birth certificate says, he has played loads of senior football.

Unless you think we should sign a few 30+ year olds to sit on the bench?

No 17th Aug 07 to 19th Sept 07 making 4 appearances. Hemade 17 appearances in that 2008 year, Hill 12 and Gray 4. The point was the squad.

Straw clutching to match your own ideology on how a successful football team is. If a player at the age of 20 had made over 200 appearance is he less valuable than a 27 year old that may have made only 100 because of injury or not being picked? Age is such an nonsense number to measure the success of a football team.

The thing is - at the outset had you said we would retain Afobe and McDonald, sign a left winger, a right winger, an upgrade on both Edwards and Price, another keeper and a quality third striker with a top record at this level, people would have been delighted.

Why perennial boo boy Richard Stearman leaving has skewed all perspective is beyond me.

Some fool on Twitter suggesting that we have bid £5m for Joe Mason. That must make Afobe worth about £30m

£4m was mentioned earlier, rubbished, and then suddenly has picked up again. If we are flinging money about get Ulloa in.

The thing is - at the outset had you said we would retain Afobe and McDonald, sign a left winger, a right winger, an upgrade on both Edwards and Price, and a quality third striker with a top record at this level, people would have been delighted.

Why perennial boo boy Richard Stearman leaving has skewed all perspective is beyond me.

As I see it people are happy with the arrivals of Wallace, Byrne and Le Fondre

Coady, Im not so sure he offers £2m worth more than Price. When this money should have been spent on a LW

Moxey said Morgan would spend money to replace Sako and this has not been done.

People are understandably unhappy at selling our player of the season, when we did not need the money due to £8m parachute payment having just arrived.

Stearman going leaves us in a position of asking kids to do a mans job in a tough league week after weeks ans expecting them to perform at a consistently high level

This people feel is simply unrealistic

We have a 'make do' manager on an unrealistic budget, which he has little control over and a capitalist owner who is looking after number one. I am filled with dread and pessimism. We are doomed to remain a 'mediocre' club. It's not what I was brought up to expect from The Wolves. Very unhappy, indeed. Lack of ambition, untruths and low- budget finance. COYW, we can do better than a this...... Remember Cullis, Wright, Broadbent, Williams, Dougan, Wagstaffe & Knowles.

What a load of nonsense.

Why is Kenny Jackett a "make do" manager, whatever the hell that is supposed to mean?
How do you know a) what our budget is, and b) whether that is realistic or unrealistic?
How do you know the owner is looking after number one? I mean really, come on.

The thing is - at the outset had you said we would retain Afobe and McDonald, sign a left winger, a right winger, an upgrade on both Edwards and Price, another keeper and a quality third striker with a top record at this level, people would have been delighted.

Christ, the common sense from Deutsch and Paddington in the last few pages sticks out like a sore thumb.

Can someone post a reasonable argument as to why the above post is wrong please? There hasn't been one yet and I sure as hell can't think of one.

Mediocre? This is Jackett's third season - first season, record-breaking L1 champions

Second season - missed out on the play-offs on goal difference with a points total that would normally have been sufficient.

The danger is we slip away this season but so far the track record's been good and the season is still young.

Seriously, I cannot compare now with then. This is piss poor! I support The Wolves now, as much as I did in '67, but there is a lack of ambition and an acceptance of mediocracy which I find hard to accept.

There is absolutely no evidence of a lack of ambition and an acceptance of mediocrity at Wolves. On the other hand, see post #3907 for concrete evidence of the contrary.

Back