• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

You say we have been active andwe have to a certain extent but the problem is;

Sá - direct replacement for Patricio
Ait-Nouri - Loan made permanent
Mosquera - Punt on a young player who has only played in Colombia
Trincao

Turns out Mosquera looked better than a lot of people expected in pre-season so he may make an impact but I still expect him to be eased in and in any case he is now injured which means so far we have 1 player (Trincao) in to affect the mtach day squad, i'd say nearly everyone would have been unhappy with that with less than 2 weeks to go.

You can look at clubs like West Ham and Burnley who have been slow in the market or you can look at the likes of Leicester who got the likes of Daka and Soumare in early.
I'll just reply using this post from above

"I will add of course if we go through the next 2 weeks and sign nobody then its a royal fuck up and people should be removed from their positions (the only one that would leave though will be the one thats been screwed over).

As long as we get the players Bruno has asked for in, I don't care if they come in on the first or last day of the window."

"I will add of course if we go through the next 2 weeks and sign nobody then its a royal fuck up and people should be removed from their positions (the only one that would leave though will be the one thats been screwed over).

As long as we get the players Bruno has asked for in, I don't care if they come in on the first or last day of the window."
It would have been better to get them in earlier so they don't miss 3 or 4 games .

I think the Euros have delayed some things but I wasn't a huge fan of Matt Wild in June openly saying business will be done late because of the tournament in those ask Wolves videos - other clubs have shown you can get business done earlier but it seemed the people at the top had already talked themselves into it not being possible.

It would have been better to get them in earlier so they don't miss 3 or 4 games .

I think the Euros have delayed some things but I wasn't a huge fan of Matt Wild in June openly saying business will be done late because of the tournament in those ask Wolves videos - other clubs have shown you can get business done earlier but it seemed the people at the top had already talked themselves into it not being possible.

Exactly this, it’s an appalling decision from the club to air those feelings and let the players in the squad know that there are no new recruits until you start the season.

It bought the people doing recruitment time but made them look stupid and amateur in the process. Particularly using the tournament as an excuse when others haven’t.

I wonder what Lage will say if he doesn’t get those signings he’s been confident the board are going to back him with.

I wonder what Lage will say if he doesn’t get those signings he’s been confident the board are going to back him with.
My guess is he will say absolutely nothing , publicly. He strikes me as utterly pragmatic and will work with the tools he is given-albeit trying to get the best out of them. He has already improved the tactics to suit the players he has - he also knows what he doesn't like and that is shown by the departures of Cutrone and probably Otasowie. I just dont want to lose Neves or Traore to buy players who are not as good or as impactive. That is counterproductive.

More Ruben Semedo rumblings today. Not sure I can support a team with him in it.
Its a odd one. He obviously committed the offences , he confessed to it. Then 2 years later he gets called up by the national side to play against , ironically Spain! So , if it was that bad why so soon after the offences did he get forgiven? Seems strange to me - there must be more to it. Does anyone know the full details of the case? Wiki is vague.

Hopefully this is correct-horrible source sorry , Wolves 'in talks to sign Ruben Semedo on loan' despite his five-year suspended prison sentence | Daily Mail Online

I have to be honest, based on recent track record, I don’t hold out too much hope that we will bring those players in. We may get one, but not the 3 or 4 that we realistically need. Not at this late stage.

Draxler is crap.

The Spanish legal system (like the Italian one) is weird. For certain offences - even pretty serious ones - you can just agree to pay a fine and they just go "ok then, away you go". Ridiculous really.

If we could get Diallo and Danillo that would be very good business!

We're still going to need that wide goal scoring forward if Neto is out until the new year.

Confirmation we're seriously interested.

Must be legit.

If he signs, does it count even though we think he is shit (hyper or just plain old)?

Its a odd one. He obviously committed the offences , he confessed to it. Then 2 years later he gets called up by the national side to play against , ironically Spain! So , if it was that bad why so soon after the offences did he get forgiven? Seems strange to me - there must be more to it. Does anyone know the full details of the case? Wiki is vague.

Hopefully this is correct-horrible source sorry , Wolves 'in talks to sign Ruben Semedo on loan' despite his five-year suspended prison sentence | Daily Mail Online
Two years is fucking ages in sport. I would also bristle at the idea that there's "more to it" even when he confessed.

"On 20 February 2018, Semedo was detained for supposedly tying up and assaulting a man in his home alongside two others, then proceeding to go to the victim’s house to rob the property."

If he confessed to that, and we still buy him? That would be pretty much the end of my time with the club (at least until something drastic changed). Cannot support a team that allows that sort of individual to take part.

Back