• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Spanish football is a different beast to the Premier League, but as I say I’m more than happy to give him a chance. I’d be thrilled if we had signed the second top scorer in La Liga.
If Moreno wants to come, so would I.

For you XG lovers Mir's was 16 versus 13 goals

I wrote off Seyi after 15 minutes of a pre-season friendly.

I certainly don't think you can paint him as quick, can you? He runs like he's wearing flippers.
He might not be rapid but he's certainly not slow. I'd back him to beat Neves or Moutinho in a straight race.

You're dead wrong about this. I don't know where you've got this from, honestly. You've openly admitted to not watching much of him. I've seen loads of him.... one half game
I've seen loads of him......well one half game when he was really good and one full game when he was shite. So obviously he'll be great in 33% of his games.

People being obsessed with losing out on 12 million for Mir if he is no good is worrying, I keep hearing how this is the richest league in the world isn't it. Granted you don't want to be stupid but at the money mentioned I would rather take a chance on Mir than potentially be a Raul setback or muscle pull away from being back to just Silva.

Let's give Bruno a chance to see him in person is my view.

Last edited:
I could definitely see Adama to Spurs happening but probably only if Kane leaves.

If Kane leaves for the £120m to £150m we want to be having their teeth out before we sell Adama

The problem with Levy's brinkmanship (sorry, tough negotiating) is that it leaves them with little time to bring in a replacement, and less time for the club they've bought from to similarly get someone in.

Unless there is a flurry of late activity (in itself not advisable as kinda ruins the idea of pre season being for prep) then I'd be against selling Adama after the Neto news. We will have seen 3 games of Trincao by then and still be without Podence.

It feels very unplanned and unprepared to me, even given them consideration for the complications and depleted market.

Where as the news about Neto being out long term come from.

Same source that broke the news about the second JCO injury. The club official news came within 48 hours that time so just got to wait and see.

It feels very unplanned and unprepared to me, even given them consideration for the complications and depleted market.
A lot of clubs going for the unplanned and unprepared opton this preseason then.

Just for the Rui deal to go through - Roma had to sell a keeper before they could buy him and in turn we wouldn't sell until we had his replacement in and Olympiacos wouldn't sell until they had signed Sa's replacement. . Whilst we do need 3 or 4 more players we have been active, we had 4 come through the door fairly quickly and 2 out (even though 1 wasn't in our plans). It does look like though whoever we are after are either part of the Mendes move around or the clubs won't move them on until they have a replacement lined up.

I had a look around last week at other clubs - West Ham fans are more furious than they normally are. Into Europe and their squad hasn't been added to and have lost their stand out player. Leeds have added 1, not happy. Burnley have added 1 and seem to be stuck in a battle with Hertha Berlin for a player forever. Even Palace fans are edgy, despite signing a lot but they did release a squad and a half in June.

I think Villa fans are generally the happiest right now, they were smart spending the Grealish money before they got the Grealish money

The problem with Levy's brinkmanship (sorry, tough negotiating) is that it leaves them with little time to bring in a replacement, and less time for the club they've bought from to similarly get someone in.
I think Levy's stewardship is massively overrated. In recent seasons, they've failed to sign first choice managers, missed out on Grealish for the sake of £5 million and look on course to lose an irreplaceable striker on deadline day. Levy is a bit of a one trick pony.

That's allowed?
Their fans being happy or Villa being smart?...No in both instances I guess

Would have been interesting to see how they handled the financial shit if City had changed their mind on Grealish though

I will add of course if we go through the next 2 weeks and sign nobody then its a royal fuck up and people should be removed from their positions (the only one that would leave though will be the one thats been screwed over).

As long as we get the players Bruno has asked for in, I don't care if they come in on the first or last day of the window.

I think Levy's stewardship is massively overrated. In recent seasons, they've failed to sign first choice managers, missed out on Grealish for the sake of £5 million and look on course to lose an irreplaceable striker on deadline day. Levy is a bit of a one trick pony.
Levy is Moxesque. It's about winning the negotiation rather than looking at the bigger picture

A lot of clubs going for the unplanned and unprepared opton this preseason then.

Just for the Rui deal to go through - Roma had to sell a keeper before they could buy him and in turn we wouldn't sell until we had his replacement in and Olympiacos wouldn't sell until they had signed Sa's replacement. . Whilst we do need 3 or 4 more players we have been active, we had 4 come through the door fairly quickly and 2 out (even though 1 wasn't in our plans). It does look like though whoever we are after are either part of the Mendes move around or the clubs won't move them on until they have a replacement lined up.

I had a look around last week at other clubs - West Ham fans are more furious than they normally are. Into Europe and their squad hasn't been added to and have lost their stand out player. Leeds have added 1, not happy. Burnley have added 1 and seem to be stuck in a battle with Hertha Berlin for a player forever. Even Palace fans are edgy, despite signing a lot but they did release a squad and a half in June.

I think Villa fans are generally the happiest right now, they were smart spending the Grealish money before they got the Grealish money

You say we have been active andwe have to a certain extent but the problem is;

Sá - direct replacement for Patricio
Ait-Nouri - Loan made permanent
Mosquera - Punt on a young player who has only played in Colombia
Trincao

Turns out Mosquera looked better than a lot of people expected in pre-season so he may make an impact but I still expect him to be eased in and in any case he is now injured which means so far we have 1 player (Trincao) in to affect the mtach day squad, i'd say nearly everyone would have been unhappy with that with less than 2 weeks to go.

You can look at clubs like West Ham and Burnley who have been slow in the market or you can look at the likes of Leicester who got the likes of Daka and Soumare in early.

Back