• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I can't ever remember one of our signings coming through a link like this. Not once.
Its just an easy way to get visits to the website. Just pop 3 or 4 names down, regardless of truth. As mentioned a few posts back, when Percy from the Telegraph says it thats the time to believe it.

Mir either needs to sign a new contract or go. There is no point keeping him on his current deal as he can sign a pre contract deal with a foreign club in the January window.

I suppose we will know how Lage's conversation with him has gone soon enough.

I'm glad Mir is back, and I think it's safe to presume that he's developed somewhat with 2 years of solid football and a tournament under his belt. If we'd just signed him for £10m I think we'd all be more than happy
Not if it were £10m for a one year loan

A chance he could play next Tuesday, just hope he doesn't suffer from some weird PTSD flash backs as he sees Nottingham Forest shirts again

Not if it were £10m for a one year loan
Depends how useful he is tbf. I'd rather have an extra ten on the goal difference than on the P&L. And if the kid's playing in the Premier League and doing alright, he'll sign. We've possibly got an option anyway, we're terrible at communicating that sort of stuff

Can't be worse than Willian ended up being.

Edouard is decent but has lost his way badly (mind you Celtic are a fucking shambles).

Still a big no to Palhinha, big slow lug. The opposite of what we need.

Depends how useful he is tbf. I'd rather have an extra ten on the goal difference than on the P&L. And if the kid's playing in the Premier League and doing alright, he'll sign. We've possibly got an option anyway, we're terrible at communicating that sort of stuff
I doubt it mate, he signed as long ago as January 2018. No-one then is thinking "add another year just in case".

I don't actually think he's good enough (fine head of hair in those pictures, mind), I'd hope we can just kick the can down the road for a year. Sign an extension with a modest increase, if you're any good this year (and he will get gametime) then let's have a look, if you're shit then you can go.

I worry if he’s shit this year nobody will want to sign him. Mind you, would we really get a better third choice striker elsewhere? Probably not.

If we give him a one year's extension (he isn't on silly money) and he's shit then it isn't a big deal. He either sits it out or sees his contract out in Segunda Liga on loan.

If we don't do anything then he just leaves for free in 10 months, regardless of how well he does.

His (Mir's) market value quadrupled while he was at Huesca. For whatever that's worth.

Also worth pointing out that he managed that whilst Huesca were, kindly, not very good. Look through their squad from last season if you get a chance; Shinji Okazaki aside, there's not a single other reputable player in that side that I can see.

You're dead wrong about this. I don't know where you've got this from, honestly. You've openly admitted to not watching much of him.
Maybe he's mixed up Palhinha and Paulinha?

His (Mir's) market value quadrupled while he was at Huesca. For whatever that's worth.

Also worth pointing out that he managed that whilst Huesca were, kindly, not very good. Look through their squad from last season if you get a chance; Shinji Okazaki aside, there's not a single other reputable player in that side that I can see.

Spanish football is a different beast to the Premier League, but as I say I’m more than happy to give him a chance. I’d be thrilled if we had signed the second top scorer in La Liga.

Spanish football is a different beast to the Premier League, but as I say I’m more than happy to give him a chance. I’d be thrilled if we had signed the second top scorer in La Liga.
Certainly agree with this, tbf. Generally I think the Spanish sides not in their Big 3 get too little respect, but that Huesca side was really poor on paper.

You're dead wrong about this. I don't know where you've got this from, honestly. You've openly admitted to not watching much of him.
I wrote off Seyi after 15 minutes of a pre-season friendly.

I certainly don't think you can paint him as quick, can you? He runs like he's wearing flippers.

Back