• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Ok, so we sign Guedes who allegedly can play as a lone striker. £30m and 80k/week (probably more). So is he starting alongside Trincao? Can’t really not play them with that level of investment. Who misses out when Neto is back? Traore purely a sub? And only getting the odd minute here and there when Neto back. Podence/MGW on cup duties or sold/loaned?
Then you are just going down the Mendes route again. Someone like Jarrod Bowen could have done that job a year or so ago. Someone of that profile is where we should be looking. I think he cost £19m. Neto plays if fit and back, Podence I'm not fussed about, Trincao isn't our player yet and Traore has always been an impact sub for me, I would have sold him if the price was right

Then you are just going down the Mendes route again. Someone like Jarrod Bowen could have done that job a year or so ago. Someone of that profile is where we should be looking. I think he cost £19m
I’m just thinking of players. Ignore the names.

Can Jarrod Bowen play down the middle in the role we’d require? not for me. But that’s a seperate matter.

The issue is we’ve signed a player for £35m (and most of our budget) who 12-18 months in, possibly 24, we can’t trust to play anywhere in our forward line (personally Id trust him, we’ve made our bed).

But apparently we couldn’t have signed him if we waited any longer! He’d be worth even more by now!

Wonder if that's something he thinks he can overcome, when you investigate further they are quite different in some aspects so makes you wonder how much of the similarities have been coached in under the previous regime? They all had to fulfil a similar role in the previous system regardless of their individual strengths and weaknesses which saw them become much of a muchness, could a different approach see them start to diverge?

Wonder if that's something he thinks he can overcome, when you investigate further they are quite different in some aspects so makes you wonder how much of the similarities have been coached in under the previous regime? They all had to fulfil a similar role in the previous system regardless of their individual strengths and weaknesses which saw them become much of a muchness, could a different approach see them start to diverge?
We live in hope

BAC7A100-6A99-4EE5-97B0-A13DB9F81C31.jpeg
If Raul “breaks his leg”, then it’s time for this guy to step up…

LiKe a NeW SIgNiNg.

Sounds like we’ve pissed them off:

With the agreement between the footballer and Atlético completely closed, Wolves is putting numerous obstacles at the last minute to close an operation that seemed to be closed. The idea was that this week the transfer would be signed but the new situation is that the footballer will have to join the discipline of Wolverhampton to start the season there.

I'm sure Mir is going to be delighted at this turn of events (assuming true, that is)

We need to get rid of him, surely. Otherwise he just leaves for free.

Just referring to this paragraph

Wolves is putting numerous obstacles at the last minute to close an operation that seemed to be closed

Although that could be atletico spin, maybe they just had a reality check!

Can’t imagine either Wolves or Forest fans thought they’d ever see him again. Now both might quite soon.

Yep, appoint a new manager to change the direction of the team and then neglect to back him in the transfer market. What a shit show, Bruno has been completely thrown under the bus really.
If he succeeds then Fosun will say they are vindicated which is just as bad. I still think there is enough quality in that squad to hold their own in the league. But if we lose a couple before the window ends my optimism will tail off significantly.

Back