• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

My concern currently is the lack of activity. I don’t understand the ‘sell to buy’ if that’s the case and how we are in that situation.

mad things stand, we currently again have a 0 net spend and no big rumours on anyone leaving. We may be having to expect some loans with view to buy.

really the only big sellable assets are neves and traore, and I wouldn’t want to see either of them leave with the new manager and potential new style.

don’t get me wrong, I am thrilled that we seem pretty stable in the premier league, and some of the players we have you would’ve been shipped off to a mental institute if you thought we’d be where we are after the back to back relegation, however the fact that our team was stronger in our first year in the prem than it is now, whereas majority of teams you’d consider to be our ‘rivals’ have strengthened is cause for concern

Mike Ashley actively trying to sell Newcastle and can’t get a buyer. You’d say they are a better proposition. Although I think the price is too high putting people off.

Tbf the Saudis had a deal in place, didn't they? Which then got blocked for...reasons (ask Newcastle fans, they'll give you plenty)

Rights/wrongs of potential sportswashing aside (and let's not act like it hasn't already happened in the Premier League let alone elsewhere) it seems like clubs only change hands between either Americans, Russians, or Far/Middle East billionaires or consortiums.

It's increasingly rare for clubs to be owned by anyone else (most likely because for the most part owning a club is a money pit and most people who are smart enough to make that kind of money aren't interested in chucking it away again)

If/when Fosun come to sell their list of suitors will probably be fairly limited. Probably also why they're struggling to find outside investment.

Hurrah! A link to a player!

Boooooo! The google translate says he thinks we’re shite and he hates Jeff Shi.
Roma spoke with Wolverhampton emissaries about the sale of Diawara
Diawara is not at the center of the Roma project that would like to sell it. The Giallorossi have talked to Wolverhampton about his sale, but the player is not convinced by the Wolves idea and therefore contacts are also pursued for other potential disposals.

Hurrah! A link to a player!

Boooooo! The google translate says he thinks we’re shite and he hates Jeff Shi.
So he's a Wolves fan then?

Tbf the Saudis had a deal in place, didn't they? Which then got blocked for...reasons (ask Newcastle fans, they'll give you plenty)

Rights/wrongs of potential sportswashing aside (and let's not act like it hasn't already happened in the Premier League let alone elsewhere) it seems like clubs only change hands between either Americans, Russians, or Far/Middle East billionaires or consortiums.

It's increasingly rare for clubs to be owned by anyone else (most likely because for the most part owning a club is a money pit and most people who are smart enough to make that kind of money aren't interested in chucking it away again)

If/when Fosun come to sell their list of suitors will probably be fairly limited. Probably also why they're struggling to find outside investment.
The Saudis behind the Newcastle takeover were responsible for wholesale pirating of the PL in GCC region.

I have found one set of fans more annoyed/upset/angry/concered than we are - Step up West Ham.

They haven't even had their owners sign an unsuitable forward yet, they are very very worried indeed. Especially with a Europa campaign incoming

The Saudis behind the Newcastle takeover were responsible for wholesale pirating of the PL in GCC region.
Nah it's a conspiracy to keep the big 6 in place and maintain the status quo

Do you think if we signed big Willy that people would stop replying to Wolves tweets demanding that we announce/sign someone

Back