• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I know we have higher priorities at the moment but I still think we could do with another wide player really. Nobody seems to know when Podence will be back, Neto is out until October - we may play MGW in one of the wide positions but the only 2 proper wide players we have fit are Trincao and Adama.

We definitely need a forward option, ideally one who can play across the front 3

We’ve got plenty of forward options. Podence surely can’t be far away and Neto back in 6-8 weeks. Then we will have those two plus Traore, Trincao and MGW which is 5 into 2.

Whether we need a striker or not comes down to how good we think Silva is. If we don’t think he will be any good then signing a striker just means he won’t play.

Obviously if there are ambitions to play 4231/442 then we need another forward/AM but that might be shelved until January

Neto is going to miss not far off a quarter of the season if he's not back until some time in October/November and I don't trust Podence to actually stay fit once he gets there as he always seems to be out with niggles.

Wolves appear to be trolling us fans with Wolves players 'anniversaries' it was Adama yesterday, today its Dendoncker.

Memories of when transfer windows were for signing new players.

Raul breaks his leg on Sept 1st, then we are just back to last year. Fabio isn't up to a season leading the line or as a first choice in a 2.

We don’t know the exact time Neto is going to be back, but I wouldn’t be wasting money signing someone to cover something like 8 games at the start of the season when the window is open for 3 of them.

I know fans love over inflated squads but I don’t.

Raul breaks his leg on Sept 1st, then we are just back to last year. Fabio isn't up to a season leading the line or as a first choice in a 2.
Not saying I don’t agree, but if we signed, I don’t know, Origi/Wood for £15m and 60k/week. Would you not play them and bring Silva on or not bring Silva on.

We don’t know the exact time Neto is going to be back, but I wouldn’t be wasting money signing someone to cover something like 8 games at the start of the season when the window is open for 3 of them.

I know fans love over inflated squads but I don’t.

Not saying I don’t agree, but if we signed, I don’t know, Origi/Wood for £15m and 60k/week. Would you not play them and bring Silva on or not bring Silva on.
As per my previous post, I'd buy an option that could play across the front 3 like Jota and at a push Cav could. There's not a wide option who can do that

As per my previous post, I'd buy an option that could play across the front 3 like Jota and at a push Cav could. There's not a wide option who can do that
Ok, so we sign Guedes who allegedly can play as a lone striker. £30m and 80k/week (probably more). So is he starting alongside Trincao? Can’t really not play them with that level of investment. Who misses out when Neto is back? Traore purely a sub? And only getting the odd minute here and there when Neto back. Podence/MGW on cup duties or sold/loaned?

As TT said it shouldn't be an either or situation..

If it is then a CB is absolutely a higher priority but, we should be making a minimum of 3 signings before the deadline
If it really is sell to buy we haven't done much selling ...

Back