• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Atletico are just using Mir as leverage for that striker they're after.

No problem with us employing tactics to force altletico to make their mind up.

No issue with him coming back provided he signs a contract extension with us, which he may well do if aletico don't want him.

IF and it's a big if Mir does come back and sign a contract i'd be pretty happy.

If we had just signed a player who had done as well as he has in Spain and the Olympics, had his stature and profile, I'd be pretty happy. So as Jez would say "he's like a new signing", but a good one, rather than Darren Anderton returning from injury or something.

Yeah, in isolation Mir is about as close to "LiKe A nEw SiGnInG!!!" as you can get. If we'd picked up a young player with his kind of profile we'd be... well, it's closer to another Jota, rather than another Willian Jose, right?

Problem is his past record in England looks more like the latter than the former, and then of course if all our transfer activity is contingent on selling Mir first then that leaves us very fucked in terms of the midfielder and defender we desperately need. You get the feeling we're gonna try and fudge it with MGW as our fourth-choice midfielder (and third-choice wide attacker until Neto/Podence are back), and then I guess that means another punt on a cheap young defender like Mosquera with whatever funds we get for Cutrone?

Doesn't inspire confidence.

Liam E&S talking with Bruno

Confident of 3/4 more signings? "Yes. We cannot forget what the chairman has done for the club. From the Champ to PL. Now is the next step. I am talking to the board and they know the profile I want and the positions. I trust them""

Expecting departures? - "Every player has their own story. Patrick (Cutrone) was unhappy here. He has his own song but not happy here. I prefer to work with happy players."

Liam E&S talking with Bruno

Confident of 3/4 more signings? "Yes. We cannot forget what the chairman has done for the club. From the Champ to PL. Now is the next step. I am talking to the board and they know the profile I want and the positions. I trust them""

Expecting departures? - "Every player has their own story. Patrick (Cutrone) was unhappy here. He has his own song but not happy here. I prefer to work with happy players."
I like this post

Yep, its pretty clear that Bruno has identified the players and is expecting signings - over to you Jeff!

Bruno seems to be calling out his gaffers a bit earlier than most managers

Yep, its pretty clear that Bruno has identified the players and is expecting signings - over to you Jeff!

Bruno seems to be calling out his gaffers a bit earlier than most managers
Good on him for it. As has been said he's being set up to fail if he doesn't get the players for the formation he so obviously wants. We can then judge him properly

View attachment 4200
If Raul “breaks his leg”, then it’s time for this guy to step up…

LiKe a NeW SIgNiNg.

Sounds like we’ve pissed them off:

Jeff reminds me of the sort of baddie in films that gets sent to deal with the protagonist after he's killed all of the run of the mill henchmen in the gang

Only concern now is, if Mir isn't leaving, where is our "Sell to buy" money coming from?

Not seen anything of Mir to persuade me he's not just a big slow lump

Not seen anything of Mir to persuade me he's not just a big slow lump
Even if that's all he is, as long as he can hold the ball up it's an improvement over last season.

That's not meant as a knock on young Fabio; even before Raul got injured his holdup was really poor last season, too.

Back