• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I'm just not sure he's sufficiently better that it would make a difference tbh. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'd be disappointed if that was the signing we made in that position
He wouldn't be my first choice, but I think he'd be better than nothing. Especially at set pieces

I look at what he wanted to do in his first pre season game or 2 as his ideal. Recognised quickly - maybe because of the Boly injury he can't do it. I give him a lot of credit for that, but I still think it's his preference. Even in a 343 we don't have a pacy centre half. (Not seen Mosquera)

Mosquera is rapid as fuck. So we are looking at centre halves with a lot of pace. Hence why we sit back and let Leicester overpay for a centre half absolutely nothing like what we seem to be looking for.

It's not what the manager wants though. My Bruno take is well known, but surely you need to go all in?
Do you mean he wants to play 442? Maybe he's only played that so far because he was managing the best team in the country at the time. Horses for courses isn't it, if he persisted with that and we got spanked every week, he's a totally shit tactician isn't he.

I know he's not got much first team manager experience but he's got vast coaching experience, hasn't he actually written a book about tactics or something.

Mosquera is definitely mobile enough. That won't be the issue for him.
He is, but he’s very young and that’s a lot to put on him. I like Tosin from Fulham and Bailly is available from Utd (fitness doubts accepted). Both would be good in a 2 or 3 and have enough pace and power to play with Coady in a 4 too.

Do you mean he wants to play 442? Maybe he's only played that so far because he was managing the best team in the country at the time. Horses for courses isn't it, if he persisted with that and we got spanked every week, he's a totally shit tactician isn't he.

I know he's not got much first team manager experience but he's got vast coaching experience, hasn't he actually written a book about tactics or something.

Formação da Iniciação à Equipa B (Portuguese Edition 2017.​

Here

He is, but he’s very young and that’s a lot to put on him. I like Tosin from Fulham and Bailly is available from Utd (fitness doubts accepted). Both would be good in a 2 or 3 and have enough pace and power to play with Coady in a 4 too.
Yep, agreed. I'm pretty sure I saw £10m would get Tosin? He's young enough that I can see enough upside of signing him even if not ideal

If Oliveira was a possibility I would be delighted but he would surely cost a bloody fortune.

Very likely shite, but it’s “out there”. That particular account keeps claiming that he “broke” the Fabio and Nelson deals before anyone else.

Back