• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

It's a good post Wolfman, I am with you, they have no doubt looked at how spending doesn't collorate with league positon (not transfer fees anyway as successful as wage spending)

They are already trying something different as so few of our players come from the domestic markets.

Southampton play with a press and Leicester don’t exactly park the bus.
He's a head it and kick it centre half. I'd have taken him pre Nuno sacking in the same way as I would Tarkowski and Dunk. Not now though, we've appointed Bruno for better or worse you have to let him have the players that suit his system imo

He's a head it and kick it centre half. I'd have taken in pre Nuno sacking in the same way as I would Tarkowski and Dunk. Not now though, we've appointed Bruno for better or worse you have to let him have the players that suit his system imo
Who are those players? And can we afford them? Surely Coady is that type of player?

I wouldn't sign Vestergaard before or after Nuno. Always seen him as the weak spot to target whenever we've played them!

Who are those players? And can we afford them? Surely Coady is that type of player?
I wouldn't have Coady near a high pressing 2. Villa have just signed Tuanzabe(sp), he would have suited although I'm not keen on loan to not buy

I wouldn't have Coady near a high pressing 2. Villa have just signed Tuanzabe(sp), he would have suited although I'm not keen on loan to not buy

Normal market yes, this year I'd have no issue with that,especially with a new manager and style on top.

We need a dominant in the air, fast, good on the ball, intelligent CB to play this way, we aren't getting that type of player with our budget, so we either buy a player(s) that compliments Coady or Boly's weaknesses, or we play 3 at the back.

Even if we didn't buy a centre back (be a big mark against the recruitment team/club) - Mosquera-Coady=Boly is still a decent three (and even if Saiss was in for Yerson), and I wouldn't be panicking about relegation because of that but if we want to kick on, the right signing in that position could really allow us to be more proactive as a team

I'm hoping we retain 3 at the back TBH. Our wingbacks are a great offensive threat, playing 4 would necessitate them being more conservative unless we had two world class CB's, which isn't happening any time soon.

I reckon vestergaard would have made us better.

Edit. It's a bit frustrating that Leicester get a new CB within 5 days of needing one when we've needed one for at least 18 months

He's a head it and kick it centre half. I'd have taken him pre Nuno sacking in the same way as I would Tarkowski and Dunk. Not now though, we've appointed Bruno for better or worse you have to let him have the players that suit his system imo
Not saying id sign him but pace isn’t the be all and end all. Maguire is doing fine at Utd, whereas his mate Lindelof has got decent pace and they hate him.

I'm hoping we retain 3 at the back TBH. Our wingbacks are a great offensive threat, playing 4 would necessitate them being more conservative unless we had two world class CB's, which isn't happening any time soon.
It's not what the manager wants though. My Bruno take is well known, but surely you need to go all in?

As long as we get someone better I'm happy
I'm just not sure he's sufficiently better that it would make a difference tbh. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I'd be disappointed if that was the signing we made in that position

It's not what the manager wants though. My Bruno take is well known, but surely you need to go all in?
He can get what he wants stylistically from a 343 though. He wants wide players coming inside, and players overlapping. This might actually be the happy medium between he wants, and us not conceding shitload of goals (provided he gets the players he wants).

I don't really care which formation he uses,it just needs to make sense to me ahah

Back