• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Spiers says Brugge have offered £3.4m but we want £5m

No doubt I’m wrong but it seems to me that once a player has been at a London EPL club (well, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spurs) they seem to regard coming to the West Mids as a huge step down.
As we all know, there is plenty of arrogance about in top level football, and I hope we do our shopping outside the London/ North West circuit.
Back to Jorge?

It’s a huge advantage. Palace, Watford, Fulham would be fuck all if they were outside of London.

Err Watford is outside London, be like saying Wolverhampton is Birmingham

And every Londoner I know thinks Wolverhampton and Birmingham are one and the same. Every one.

Watford is only just inside the M25 and is in Hertfordshire. It is as silly as calling it London Luton Airport. Now surely no one would do that…

Watford is inside the M25, a foreign player isn't going to reject them because they are technically in Hertfordshire. Isn't their training ground next to Arsenal's? It undoubtedly is an advantage. When Keagan was at Newcastle and they were the second best team in the country he used to moan all the time that he couldn't sign the next level of player he wanted because they only wanted to live in London or Cheshire

Watford is inside the M25, a foreign player isn't going to reject them because they are technically in Hertfordshire. Isn't their training ground next to Arsenal's? It undoubtedly is an advantage.
Just had a look. Right next door. Something I didn't know.

Err Watford is outside London, be like saying Wolverhampton is Birmingham

It's outside the Greater London Authority's remit, but it's still functionally part of London and inside the London Travel to Work Area.

Wolverhampton and Birmingham are functionally different places and have different TTWAs. Apples and oranges.

Doesn't really matter if it's in London or not does it, it's close enough that they can easily commute from there.

It's outside the Greater London Authority's remit, but it's still functionally part of London and inside the London Travel to Work Area.

Wolverhampton and Birmingham are functionally different places and have different TTWAs. Apples and oranges.
It really isn’t. Nobody in Watford considers themselves a Londoner.

Reactions: Doc
Doesn't really matter if it's in London or not does it, it's close enough that they can easily commute from there.
18 minutes or so from Watford Junction to Euston. Or you could be a mug and take a much longer tube journey. On that line London really starts at Harrow and Wealdstone.

Back