• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I live in Dorset, and for many people around here, anywhere above, say, Bristol, is “up North”.
Niceties like the (important) differences between Birmingham and the Black Country simply don’t exist, and most would certainly regard Watford as part of London.
Life is much simpler down ‘ere.

Any Spanish speakers want to do a translation of that please?
Basically in the last hour, the agreement for the player has moved closer.

Should be done soon.
Ultimate Hora = Last Hour
Esta trantando de cerrar = trying to close
Un acuerdo con wolves = agreement with Wolves
Esta Cerca con club de Ingles - is close with the English club.

One thing my Spanish teacher tells me you cannot do a literal translation from English to Spanish of Vice Versa
One thing my Spanish teacher keeps telling me you cannot do a literal transation.

Last edited:
Glasgow is going to get his Spanish mates pedro and manuel (who's a waiter from Barcelona) on it asap
Dont need to, i speak enough spanish to know what that said.

I usually read the Marca on a Wed so will take a look

He wouldn't suit us with how Lage wants to play. It'd be like bringing Roger back
I do agree that having quick(er) CBs is important if we are going to play a high line, but what is equally important is that Sa is really fucking quick off his line and reads that ball into the channel/over the top and comes and deals with it.

but what is equally important is that Sa is really fucking quick off his line and reads that ball into the channel/over the top and comes and deals with it.
From what he has shown so far, he is pretty rapid off his line. From the few outings so far he also has a higher starting point than Rui. So as our defence push up he steps further up the pitch as well.

From what he has shown so far, he is pretty rapid off his line. From the few outings so far he also has a higher starting point than Rui. So as our defence push up he steps further up the pitch as well.
Yep, certainly quicker off his line, actually that is unfair, Rui was/is quick, but as you say always started from a deeper position.

The thing is we all want a dominant in the air CB (to defend set pieces) who is also really, really quick, i'm not sure that exists with our budget. Although I guess Boly is exactly that, he just seems to rarely be fit anymore.

I don't think we'll be playing a hugely high line, it's just that previously we've been deep.

If I had to choose between a quick CB and a positionally aware CB it would be the latter for me.

The key for me here is pressing so that teams don't have time to pick a pass against us. We were all about shape before, I think we have to be about denying opponents time now.

The key for me here is pressing so that teams don't have time to pick a pass against us. We were all about shape before, I think we have to be about denying opponents time now.
The trouble with that is as we saw against Celta in the first half, we didn't exactly press but still played a high line and the balls through the channels killed us every single time. We didn't deny them anything in that half and it shouldn't have taken 45 minutes to change it. That sort of stuff will kill you in the PL.

I think it is important to try to play to the strengths of the players we have . So 343 or 352 higher up the pitch , better pressing and quicker movement has to be the way to go. We have not changed the squad much at all so I don't anticipate us setting the top half on fire but I also don't expect us to be so dull. This, for me is the real transition season. Personally., I am pleased we have a tough start. We managed 2 points from 6 games against Tottenham , Manchester United and Leicester last season so any win is a bonus and I would happily take 3 draws now. I think we will get something from those games.

Back