• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I'll have my own opinions thanks.

As I said, ceiling, not current ability.
I mean calling him "OO", it winds me right up. How hard is it to type his name, we don't call Willy Boly "WB" do we? :D

Right on 'T'
giphy.gif

I mean calling him "OO", it winds me right up. How hard is it to type his name, we don't call Willy Boly "WB" do we? :D
Owen Otasowie is 12 characters, 13 if you include the space.

So typing OO is 15% of the effort required to type Owen Otasowie.

That's why DW ;-)

I guess we’ll see if he’d rather move to a second rate league than fight for a place in a team playing in the best league in the world. From what I’ve actually seen as opposed to the inevitable talking up of a youngster I’d be disappointed if we paid £5m for someone from the Championship who has achieved the same as Otasowie. It happens all the time that fans who are desperate for a young player to make it into the first team overstate said player’s potential.

As I said I’d rather we put the money we can sell him for towards a that the manager wants.

Him leaving if he wanted to play would be a positive surely? We are always bemoaning players happy to sit in the squad elsewhere.

Him leaving if he wanted to play would be a positive surely? We are always bemoaning players happy to sit in the squad elsewhere.
Given our lack of CM players it begs the question why have Nuno and Lage not made him feel he can do so at Wolves? If Lage had seen enough to think he could be an option at Wolves I don’t think we’d be open to offers. As it stands it appears to me he doesn’t think he’ll get chances at Wolves and Wolves think £4-£6m is good business.

I have a suspicion that Gregg Berhalter has been in Owen's ear. There are a couple of midfield spots up for grabs with the USMNT, and if Owen is ever going to make a claim to the shirt, it has to be done now, and he simply won't be able to do that if he stays at Wolves. He won't get enough playing time.

Equally, as much as a like his effort on the pitch, he's a more than a bit "Bambi on Ice". Just doesn't look like he's in control of himself. If we can get money for him, brilliant. If we can insert a buyback clause, even better. But it's probably best for everyone if he continues his development elsewhere right now.

Given our lack of CM players it begs the question why have Nuno and Lage not made him feel he can do so at Wolves? If Lage had seen enough to think he could be an option at Wolves I don’t think we’d be open to offers. As it stands it appears to me he doesn’t think he’ll get chances at Wolves and Wolves think £4-£6m is good business.

I think you have confused me with someone who either thinks OO should be starting or that we shouldn't be selling him.

I was merely asking we didn't just label him a bad character based on no evidence.

I did wonder what Alan had confirmed though, that a good season as a starter someone might get him a World Cup spot, that is hard to turn down for any player as a reason to move.

He played the vast majority of his Academy football at centre half. He looked good. Given his pace (especially compared to everyone else we currently have available), I'm not sure why we've completely thrown that path for him in the bin over the last 12-18 months.

Anyway he isn't good enough to play in midfield in the Premier League as it stands, we're not going to be strongarmed into doing that.

I did wonder what Alan had confirmed though, that a good season as a starter someone might get him a World Cup spot, that is hard to turn down for any player as a reason to move.
Mostly speculation on my part; Owen would have to really have a storming year to get into our current trio of Tyler Adams, Kellyn Acosta, and Weston McKennie (although Adams is injured a ton). But the places for their backups are pretty up for grabs, and pretty much all the guys in contention are as young as Owen. Which is why I think it will be important for him to get playing time now, because most of the guys he's in competition with for those spots do play regularly for their clubs, even if not at as high a level as the Prem.

JWP isn't good enough to justify typing out his full name.

Back