• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

You're thinking of Saiss here aren't you? :-D
I’m thinking of 99% of left footed centre backs so yes Saiss would be included. It’s similar with full backs, plenty right backs can play left back but I don’t know any left footed right backs.

Ake is pretty good with both feet to be fair so would probably cope better in that situation
He is but he needs somebody powerful in the air beside him in a 2 or 3 as he's OK at best in the air for a CB.

To me Ake is a better version of Coady technically but not mentally.

I would love Ake down here, lets hope we have a fruitful week in the incoming transfer market.

He is but he needs somebody powerful in the air beside him in a 2 or 3 as he's OK at best in the air for a CB.

To me Ake is a better version of Coady technically but not mentally.
Yeah, agreed, Ake is a secondary CB, he needs a powerful dominating CB next to him in a back 4, or to be one of 3.

That's not to say i wouldn't want him, i would. He'd be an improvement, and it'd be a really positive signing.

I don't think it'll happen though.

[Old man rant]I still don't understand how kids these days that grow up in academies are still one footed. I learnt to use both feet (after reading about John Barnes practicing with both feet as a kid) and I was only a casual player[/Old man rant]

[Old man rant]I still don't understand how kids these days that grow up in academies are still one footed. I learnt to use both feet (after reading about John Barnes practicing with both feet as a kid) and I was only a casual player[/Old man rant]
Totally agree...when my lad started playing seriously we talked about this and he started trying to use either foot, by the time he was 13 he was taking corners with either foot depending whether he wanted inswinging/outswinging or which side he was on...just takes practice from an early age

Either way, the Ake rumour has been crushed because the bloke who shared it forgot to put in the BL before Ake.

Edit. For the avoidance of doubt I'm being tongue in cheek for most things in this thread

Last edited:
I think people don’t quite realise the difference between being able to kick with both feet at grassroots and bring both footed at pro level…
I'm not sure which was the bigger shocker. Sako belting one in with his right peg at Leicester or Baz with his right vs Brentford, top bins!

The Baz one was at the South Bank end and because it was right footed, I couldn't quite grasp who'd scored until they announced it over the Tannoy*!

hUbqjEtG3jHj.gif

I think people don’t quite realise the difference between being able to kick with both feet at grassroots and bring both footed at pro level…
Well no I don't realise having never played at anything like a decent level but surely it's all relative? If a grass roots player can be 2 footed at his level, why can't a top class player who receives pro coaching for years achieve the same at the top level?

Just happens when someone gets banned or deactivates but people fall for it every time. 😂

Well no I don't realise having never played at anything like a decent level but surely it's all relative? If a grass roots player can be 2 footed at his level, why can't a top class player who receives pro coaching for years achieve the same at the top level?
Maybe because becoming two footed is less important than other skills that need to be coached/practiced in order to make it as a pro?

There’s no point spending, what would not be an insignificant amount of time, becoming equally proficient with both feet, if it then means you haven’t spent enough time working on the other areas of the game needed to make it.

Last edited:
Maybe because becoming two footed is less important than other skills that need to be coached/practiced in order to make it as a pro?

No point spending time becoming equally proficient with your wrong foot if it then means you haven’t spent enough time working on the other areas of the game needed to make it.
Kinda this.

robben is a good example. Almost refused to use his right it felt like, but just try stop him coming inside and using his left!

the margins get smaller and players have to be the absolute best at what they ‘do’.

and anyway, my team mates never seem that impressed when I take corners with both feet at hackney marshes :(

It used to do my head in when comms would say "you know he is trying to get the ball onto his left, so why don't these defenders stop him from doing it. "

Like it was that simple, he had unreal speed on the ball and acceleration when receiving the ball.

I’m thinking of 99% of left footed centre backs so yes Saiss would be included. It’s similar with full backs, plenty right backs can play left back but I don’t know any left footed right backs.
Wasn't Darren Beazley left-footed? (Though it's been a few years since he was in the team).

Back