• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

would love to see Ramsey here but dont think we will

Ramsey would be very good as a ten in a 4231 for us but also lots of reasons the signing wouldn't and shouldn't happen!

I can see Ramsey TBH, if we can get him on a free and Juventus pay some of his wages. The higher wages would be offset by not having to pay a transfer fee. Excellent, experienced player who can play a variety of roles. Sure I've read somewhere that the focus is going to be a bit more on Premier League experience, fits that perfectly and supplements our youngsters. Obviously a question mark over his injury record but I've just had a quick look at his stats and he's played over 20 league games for many consecutive years now.

He was probably in the top three midfielders in England during his time at Arsenal, he's only 30 which is no age in modern football and will have something to prove after a relatively disappointing time in Italy. Great signing if we can pull it off IMO.

Marcal - he might be made of glass , but he's come through a whole pre season and a few games and is still fit !

Like a new player just arrived on a free transfer .

I can see Ramsey TBH, if we can get him on a free and Juventus pay some of his wages. The higher wages would be offset by not having to pay a transfer fee. Excellent, experienced player who can play a variety of roles. Sure I've read somewhere that the focus is going to be a bit more on Premier League experience, fits that perfectly and supplements our youngsters. Obviously a question mark over his injury record but I've just had a quick look at his stats and he's played over 20 league games for many consecutive years now.

He was probably in the top three midfielders in England during his time at Arsenal, he's only 30 which is no age in modern football and will have something to prove after a relatively disappointing time in Italy. Great signing if we can pull it off IMO.
I think I am pretty much with you here, with caveats. Those being that Moutinho and Neves are moving on and Palinho is also coming in.

Marcal - he might be made of glass , but he's come through a whole pre season and a few games and is still fit !

Like a new player just arrived on a free transfer .
Morning Jez.

On Ramsey we seem very much the +1 in reports with Spurs the favourites. If Nuno plays a 10 I'll scream 😃

Last edited:
Edit - sorry once again it waited to I posted then showed there had been two pages of posts that hadn't showed up even when I refreshed.

I appreciate this year is likely different due to everything, but deals involving player swaps almost never happen due to the complicated nature of multiple contracts. Agent fees, loyalty bonuses, offset of varying valuations etc.

Player swaps and huge sell on clauses seem to be the in thing this Covid summer.

A lot of players going with 50% sell on clauses and many trying to do swaps (which Spurs have done already)

Back