• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Everything is very quiet
Given our transfer record over the past three years (as in, unexpected announcements of unlinked players), this doesn't tend to mean much!

I've started to think the priority is now a CM, not a CB.

If Yerson is coming in to the first team fold, we are quite well stocked in defense. They're also a lot better than they showed last season.

If Yerson is coming in to the first team fold, we are quite well stocked in defense. They're also a lot better than they showed last season.
I’d be worried if this was the case. I agree regarding the individuals being better than they performed last season but Saïss, Coady and Kilman don’t suit the new system for me. I can understand why jury might be out on Boly for some too (plus injury concerns).

Yerson clearly has a lot of potential but it will be a quick learning curve for him if he’s thrown into the starting eleven. Could cost us some goals in the beginning.

I think if we don’t sign anyone before the 14th the starting pair will be Coady and Boly.

Same, if we get a new CB in I wonder who'll end up leaving, probably be between Boly and Kilman. I can't see Saiss going due to his versatility and it won't be Coady.

No-one will buy Kilman, he's a very odd footballer.

Wouldn't argue with volume at ch, would with quality
Yes. I would too.
I don't think Saiss is up to it, and I don't get the clamour for Kilman. He seems....fine.

That leaves Boly and Coady: the former is excellent but injury prone, whereas the latter has yet to show he can play in a 4.

Were we to jettison one of these players, I may think otherwise but, as it stands, I'd be surprised if we get in another CB

Could see Kilman going on loan to the championship

Yes. I would too.
I don't think Saiss is up to it, and I don't get the clamour for Kilman. He seems....fine.

That leaves Boly and Coady: the former is excellent but injury prone, whereas the latter has yet to show he can play in a 4.

Were we to jettison one of these players, I may think otherwise but, as it stands, I'd be surprised if we get in another CB
If we went to 3 at the back I guess we could fudge it again. We've needed a rch in that formation since promotion, maybe Mosquera could be that man, although it's asking a lot of him. In a 2 playing a high line, then I'm not sure we have any who are fit for purpose, Boly being the best hope

Not sure what the point of that would be. He's 24, not a kid.
To hopefully convince someone to buy him basically! We might get a couple of million for him now mind you. Maybe Fulham can go for the wholesome story as they released him at 14/15

Was reported earlier in the Summer that Barnsley requested him on loan, but we knocked them back

I like having Kilman around for when he’s needed, he’s nothing special but can come in and do a job for 10 games a season. I could see us not signing another centre back but we surely will get at least someone for midfield!

Links to Zouma seem to suggest we wanted another CH. Unless Mosquera has been more impressive than expected it seems unlikely we aren't still pursuing a first-team ready CH. Failure to bring one in could be our biggest mistake since promotion to the PL if we are going to play four at the back.

I think Kilman is decent, maybe even a little underrated. Rarely seems to make a mistake, big although doesn't really get off the ground, decent passing, decent with the ball at his feet, doesn't seem to get beaten much.

I think Kilman is decent, maybe even a little underrated. Rarely seems to make a mistake, big although doesn't really get off the ground, decent passing, decent with the ball at his feet, doesn't seem to get beaten much.
I think it's the fact that he doesn't get off the ground that turns me off him.

He's just not that imposing. I don't think that he's a bad player at all; I'd just be surprised if he earned a starting berth in any top 10 team

Sounds like Xhaka is staying at Arsenal, so that just leaves United...

No-one will buy Kilman, he's a very odd footballer.
Apart from Sheff Utd who want him?

I think you're wrong about him, I reckon he'll have a decent career as upper Champ/lower Prem.

Back