• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

It will happen in a year or two. MLS will do whatever is necessary to get the biggest names in the world.

Just my opinion.
By then their combined age would be into the 70s! I still think Ronaldo has unfinished business in the premier league and at 36(?) he isnt going to get many more chances. Just a hunch based on absolutely no fact or rumour whatsoever.

Ronaldo wants to finish his career back at Sporting from comments over the last year.
Messi will be in the MLS in 2 years time, probably at NYC.

Been heavily linked with Everton.

That says he’s “box to box”, “very quick and can run the ball 30 yards up the pitch”. Sounds exactly what we need in Bruno’s 4-4-2 system. Good age, profile, price and potential too.

Tbf, he looks incredible! One to get excited about… (if true)

Last edited:
They'll be Designated Players. MLS teams are each allowed up to three players that don't count for the salary caps.
Ronaldo currently makes 23x more than the highest paid player in MLS.

I know the league would love to have them here... But I'd still be mildly surprised if it ends up happening.

Been heavily linked with Everton.

That says he’s “box to box”, “very quick and can run the ball 30 yards up the pitch”. Sounds exactly what we need in Bruno’s 4-4-2 system. Good age, profile, price and potential too.

Tbf, he looks incredible! One to get excited about… (if true)

That's more like it. Skilful with an engine.

GerrimanLeaoin

Well… him and Kiao Jorge announced together on the same day. But I am greedy.

Plus Leao and another CB. I would be tumescent at that.

It would be very unlikely of course!

Apologies if this has been posted already, but here's a scouting report of Yerson Mosquera from a good few months before we signed him (which hopefully means the author didn't have any old-gold-tinted glasses on):

Yerson is a regular member in the local giant Atletico Nacional starting lineup, trained with the national team, making him the current big hope for Colombia’s backline.
Tall, athletic, fast and robust, Mosquera is as good as they come physically. He does look a bit clumsy when shifting his weight quickly, but it is pretty standard for players his size. It does affect his game in possession too. He excels in his defensive duties, using his physical attributes to good effect when covering space or in defensive duels, both in the air and on the ground, winning most with ease.
Mosquera understands the game well, reads the play and break shape to intercept passes between the lines; he is hardworking and shows excellent and strong character for his age. He was sent off twice in his short career, but I watched the events, and I do not think there is anything in it.

His technical skills are ok, but his first touch can fail him and cause problems. He is comfortable enough in possession, creates angles, opens up his body to receive the ball, composes and handles pressure well enough without taking too many risks (therefore not many “rewards” either). However, his first-touch can fail him, and he sometimes appears out of balance when driving the ball forward (which he did not often do in the games I’ve watched) or when passing with his body not perfectly adjusted. He can deliver good long balls forward, in behind too, and he is usually accurate without taking many risks.
Impressive physical attributes, excellent defending, composer in the possession and sliding smoothly into his club’s first-team lineup, he is a player to follow. However, I think he has much to improve before proving right the comparisons with the likes of Davinson Sánchez and Yerry Mina.
I wonder if we might not see Yerson sooner than we expect.

I doubt he is pushing for a move: there’s a big difference between that and us being willing to listen to offers. I don’t think he will go personally.

Back