• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Agreed, what's the point in football if you don't have some emotional attachment to it. Be it the players, managers, stadium or the club itself as a whole.
My emotional attachment isn't to ex-players (except Steve Bull) and I am not sure why WolfMan has characterised my comments in that way.

My emotional attachment is going to the game with my son and some friends. A few beers beforehand, talking about what the team should be, the anticipation of a good performance. My emotional attachment is to the eleven on the field, the subs, the players who are unavailable...not to players who have gone and have zero impact on our performance.

I would love Neves to stay for the rest of his career, captain the club to Premier League glory and win the Champions League...to have a stand named after him and to be given the freedom of the city. But if he leaves, I will transfer that emotional attachment to a new player just as I have done for the last 30 odd years.

There is nothing logical or illogical about that - it just is what it is.

My point was, if it was up to 15, even up to 20 it would be worthwhile. There is no one else available (?) with the same profile that we could pick up for less.
They want more than £20m.

I also cannot see us spending that kind of money on someone of that age, as TSB has pointed out, our model is buy and sell. Not buy and watch the value erode over 3-4 years to end up with nothing. Not the kind of deal we ever do.

Yeah, but that's like me looking at a nice joint of lamb in the Co-Op and saying "I wouldn't mind picking that up for a fiver". No good if the price tag says £12 :D

Burnley aren't going to do a cut price deal, they have made that abundantly clear.
Tarkowski is going out of date though. When players have one year left on their deal, usually someone comes along and puts a yellow reduced sticker on them.

If Burnley want to let him go out of date then chuck him away, then that's madness from them. Especially when Dyche likes to crow about them having no money.

The Athletic:

With central defensive incomings such a feature of the off-season so far, speculation continues to persist around the future of James Tarkowski, who has 12 months to run on his contract. He made his position clear over his future wanting to take control and turning down Burnley’s offers of a new deal.

The Athletic understands Tarkowski is expected to remain at the club for the 2021-22 season and leave on a free transfer next summer, with Burnley valuing Premier League survival and the financial benefits that come with it over what they’d make now from a sale.

There are Premier League teams in the market for a centre-back but whether any team would match Burnley’s valuation for a 28-year-old with 12 months left on his deal in a market still feeling the effects of COVID-19 remains to be seen.

At the end of last season, Dyche said it would take an “immeasurable amount” of money to sign Tarkowski and that he expected him to be a Burnley player at the start of the season. It is understood the player shares that mindset.

It's a total no-go, he wants to run his deal down. Burnley can't make him leave.

Wouldn’t worry too much. Found this Ruben exclusive. Panic over

Attachments

• 39E18E06-53C9-48C5-B7F6-641CD02248A3.png
    39E18E06-53C9-48C5-B7F6-641CD02248A3.png
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 19
DE1EC447-C7F1-487B-8A70-61838EC6EADB.jpeg
Been ridiculously busy at work this morning. Open Twitter on my lunchbreak and this is the top post. Made me take a slight intake of breath… wankers!

Wouldn’t worry too much. Found this Ruben exclusive. Panic over

I just can't see him leaving. I think it's more hope/optimism talking, but I think he will stick around. Seen a few articles on Arsenal Twitter this morning that they've cooled their interest considerably.

Edit:

@FabrizioRomano
: "Ruben Neves has a chance of leaving Wolves and it's true that he's on Arsenal's list, Manchester United are, as I said, seeing a lot of midfielders looking for an opportunity, but it's not the priority right now."

I just can't see him leaving. I think it's more hope/optimism talking, but I think he will stick around. Seen a few articles on Arsenal Twitter this morning that they've cooled their interest considerably.

Edit:

@FabrizioRomano
: "Ruben Neves has a chance of leaving Wolves and it's true that he's on Arsenal's list, Manchester United are, as I said, seeing a lot of midfielders looking for an opportunity, but it's not the priority right now."
No chance imo.

Patricios mate on twitter said he's 99% Neves is off. So that will have indirectly come from Neves himself.

Thanks mate. I knew who you meant but couldn't for the life of me remember his Twitter handle!

I wonder if the other higher profile move is an incoming Wolves transfer, or another club.

It'll be CR7 incoming to wolves, he's heard the sunsets over the wulfrun centre Primark are stunning and wants to experience them for himself, and wants to do the walk around Asda to see if he can do it unnoticed

It'll be CR7 incoming to wolves, he's heard the sunsets over the wulfrun centre Primark are stunning and wants to experience them for himself, and wants to do the walk around Asda to see if he can do it unnoticed
Has he not checked into the mount & met the gardener yet?

Think he has, but waiting confirmation from the chef who thinks Ronaldo mcdonaldo is in town

Where does Ronaldo actually go next? Surely BuLi is out the question i.e Bayern. PSG doesn't feel right. He could just start his own team with Jorge. The final step of Portuguese domination. Nuno to manage it. Mourinho coaching the ball children. I'll log off again now

Where does Ronaldo actually go next? Surely BuLi is out the question i.e Bayern. PSG doesn't feel right. He could just start his own team with Jorge. The final step of Portuguese domination. Nuno to manage it. Mourinho coaching the ball children. I'll log off again now

Miami Bend It's or whatever there actual name is.

Back