• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Looks like Pogba is PSG bound. Opens up a space in CM
And like clockwork…

💬 "Ruben Neves, I think in the next days we will have something on this one. Let's see if it's about Arsenal or Manchester United."

🗣️ @FabrizioRomano

If Romano is saying it will happen, he’s more or less gone. Been one hell of a ride, Ruben.

The thing is, irrespective of whether you believe this should be the case or not, we need a high profile sale to fill gaps in the squad

Absolutely no problem if Neves go to Man Utd.
Gutted obviously but he came to us to move up and that's what he will do. We've had 2 more years than I thought with him.
Got to be a huge fee though, as we need his replacement and another in quickly. They way we have worked so far, Neves won't go until we have at least 1 lined up and confusing the chef at the Mount.

But if Neves goes, it has to be for a substantial fee that then gets reinvested immediately in to the first team. None of this Mendes carousel/favour bullshit (I.e. £35m). If we get £50m+ for him, begrudgingly, you have to say it’s for the greater good.

Neves leaving will be the one that really hurts.

Aye, it makes sense but it doesn't make it any easier to take, attachments a bugger.
Agreed if the fees were similarish it'd be Traore for me, but you can't sell what someone doesn't want. I'm with Kenny, 4 years has been a good run and I'd love him to stay, but the last 12 months has unfortunately put us a fair way behind Utd on the pitch as well as off it. Still be pissed if he goes to Arsenal though

So 2 centre midfielders, a centre half and another forward required.
Rafa Mir being in Japan must be scuppering any sale of him for now.

Pogba goes for £80m Jeff accepts £30m a hair ruffle with a couple of ticketing tips from the masters of engagement to ensure full supporter alienation.

I've no issue with Ruben going, hes done his time and its been a real privilege but by fuck I've got no faith in those at executive level ensuring him leaving is as painless as possible.

So 2 centre midfielders, a centre half and another forward required.
Rafa Mir being in Japan must be scuppering any sale of him for now.
Don’t think we need another forward.

centre midfield and centre half priority, even if neves stays

Pogba goes for £80m Jeff accepts £30m a hair ruffle with a couple of ticketing tips to ensure full supporter alienation.

I've no issue with Ruben going, hes done his time and its been a real privilege but by fuck I've got no faith in those at executive level ensuring him leaving is as painless as possible.
The same executives who got him here in the first place?

Don’t think we need another forward.

centre midfield and centre half priority, even if neves stays
... but if we play two up top, who is the back up or starts ahead of Raul/Silva?

... but if we play two up top, who is the back up or starts ahead of Raul/Silva?
Can see the attacking line up being as follows when everyone is fit

Neto/trincao CM CM traore/Podence

Raul Silva/Trincao,Neto,Podence,Traore

basically it will be Raul then one of them. Be interchangeable is what i think he will be looking at

So I’m effect we have raul and then any of the aforementioned- flexible in the fact one will drop deep/free role etc. Don’t think another striker is priority over centre back or centre mid

We need another option in case we miss Raul for any length of time, even if it's a wide player who can do a job up top.

I agree CB and CM are higher priority though, but we need all three or I think we'll regret it

We need another option in case we miss Raul for any length of time, even if it's a wide player who can do a job up top.

I agree CB and CM are higher priority though, but we need all three or I think we'll regret it
Not saying i wouldn’t take another striker but as mentioned there are other priorities

plus with the wide players we have they can potentially play up top of needs must

Back