• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Hopefully we get the over-performance.... I could see us getting off to a good start (the fixtures after the first three games allow for that too) then running out of steam a bit.

I think fitness may mean we run out of steam if he wants consta-high intensity (I doubt it, but still). Not many teams play with a high intensity for 90 minutes, except probably Leeds but they're freaks.

Expecting something to happen and wanting something to happen are entirely different things.

I don't expect Lage to be our manager taking us into the 22/23 season, if he is that means he's done well, so obviously i want him to be!

I understand the difference ;) but we're hearing this 'expectation' repeated in different ways every day; this ingrains people into a position where if/when the worst happens, they're on the 'right side', and you can't tell me people don't find satisfaction in that!

I understand the difference ;) but we're hearing this 'expectation' repeated in different ways every day; this ingrains people into a position where if/when the worst happens, they're on the 'right side', and you can't tell me people don't find satisfaction in that!

I think this is the problem. I'm fine with being wrong about Bruno, to be honest I've no opinion either way as I've not seen his teams play (unless 4 minutes here and there on YouTube count) and know nothing about him (except for opinions on the internet of which some are complementary and some not-so). But I don't want my opinion on him to be a sword I have to die on, which is then used as a basis to form judgement on all of my other opinions...

I wasn't happy when Saunders or Zenga failed, because it meant the team was shit. It was just abundantly clear what would happen from more or less day one. Of course I loathed the first one and neither of them should have ever been anywhere near the job.

Now this isn't on the same level but it's one hell of a gamble as Lage's CV is so thin, his supposed style of football doesn't fit at all with the players we have and he appears to be a Trappist monk on the side, so we have no insight at all into what he thinks. Of course I won't be pleased if he fails, nor will I crow about it if he does (never did that with Saunders either), I want the best for Wolverhampton Wanderers. It just so happens that I don't think as a year four, semi-established (in as much as you can be) Premier League club, he is the best we could have done.

I hope I'm wrong and he does indeed get good results with better football than we've seen over the last 12 months. Of course I do, why wouldn't I. I'm not really interested in Internet Points, thanks all the same.

I seem to recall some people taking delight whenever Silva did something wrong.

There are certain posters reacting with overblown negativity to Lage. Some of them the very posters who condemn the match day threads as overly negative and critical. When matchday threads are instant emotional reactions to a situation. And their negativity to Bruno is ongoing for weeks/months. But I guess hypocrisy is fine if you have certain usernames at the top of your posts…

I think fitness may mean we run out of steam if he wants consta-high intensity (I doubt it, but still). Not many teams play with a high intensity for 90 minutes, except probably Leeds but they're freaks.
Perhaps Lage could introduce some Murderball sessions into the training schedule.

There are certain posters reacting with overblown negativity to Lage. Some of them the very posters who condemn the match day threads as overly negative and critical. When matchday threads are instant emotional reactions to a situation. And their negativity to Bruno is ongoing for weeks/months. But I guess hypocrisy is fine if you have certain usernames at the top of your posts…
If you've got a problem then try debating the issue properly rather than snarking away, which doesn't really help anyone.

Oh goody, it's been a while since we've seen a discussion about 'the clique' - it can't be far away 😴

I don't give a shit who "attacks" me (I can look after myself), I just think it's weak as piss to make snide remarks without making even the semblance of a point or having the guts to call out who it is you actually object to. It's hardly conducive to debate, is it. Such a pointless post, more concerned with Internet politics than the actual subject matter. Not for me I'm afraid.

Also that smacks of "I can be negative and reactionary but you can't", not sure how that works.

Last edited:
We've got two Bruno Lage threads where we can debate his perceived strengths, weaknesses and how we think he'll do for us.

I've not seen one poster yet claim that he'll be happy with Bruno being a failure yet there is page after page in this thread of debate surrounding him so can I ask that we leave this thread for possible signings please?

Yes, we may have done better than getting Lage, but hey, was Benitez Evertons first choice ? Was Nuno Spurs first choice ? There just dont seem too many decent managers available. Im giving Lage my full support, i hope any decent Wolves fan will, i presume this subject will be reviewed around Christmas time though.

I don't give a shit who "attacks" me (I can look after myself), I just think it's weak as piss to make snide remarks without making even the semblance of a point or having the guts to call out who it is you actually object to.

Also that smacks of "I can be negative and reactionary but you can't", not sure how that works.

I think he was making a point though.

I don't quite agree with his angle; what irks me is less people being 'negative' (I can be plenty critical myself) than the reaction of most of the rest of the forum, which is completely different to the reaction some of us would have got to persistent criticism of the club/manager/transfers over the past few years.

It's not fiction, I was here and remember it ffs :D I know the majority of people dismiss it, but if I see it happening I'll bring it up, or back up others who see it too. Easy to dismiss something when it's never happened to you. I had several posters chasing me around threads for months when I dared have a critical view, and I certainly never had two moderators intervene in any of that on my behalf.

I think we should all be able to be negative and reactionary if we can back it up, that certainly isn't the case though.

Don't think I've ever had a moderator intervene on my behalf on any occasion. I think they know I can fight my own battles.

Kenny is Admin, he's my best mate, we fundamentally disagree a lot on Lage at this stage (and have done on here), is that ok or do we need some more examples to shift the ridiculous narrative?

I'd rather talk about football to be honest, I'm not interested in petty sniping arguments. If I want that then I can go and harangue Piers Morgan on Twitter.

Back