• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Is there still a chance that we might sign Vitinha , or has that ship sailed ?
I reckon we have other targets in mind for the new boss, so we're keeping him on ice for now.

Rui was on £100k p/w (allegedly) and out of contract next summer.

Getting money for him now is better than no money next summer.
I still say that only holds if his replacement is decent. If he is a bombscare costs 15 goals and gets us relegated then it wasn't better

I appreciate that's hyperbolic, but I do think it needs to be looked at in the whole rather than isolation.

I still say that only holds if his replacement is decent. If he is a bombscare costs 15 goals and gets us relegated then it wasn't better

I appreciate that's hyperbolic, but I do think it needs to be looked at in the whole rather than isolation.
Same argument next summer though ay it?

End result could be, but I'd say the situation is different given we'd lose the element of control. FWIW I'm not against selling him, I'd like us to cast our net wide on replacing him though which it would appear isn't happening

End result could be, but I'd say the situation is different given we'd lose the element of control. FWIW I'm not against selling him, I'd like us to cast our net wide on replacing him though which it would appear isn't happening
That’s due to our Mendes tie up though, realistically.

Must admit I know nothing about Sa....is he as good as Rui? Is he a liability? Guess we'll find out. If he turns out to be shit, we always got Ruddy as back up😯

We can't be scared of buying players to replace Nuno's tried and tested boys just in case they turn out to be shit and 'get us relegated'. We aren't gonna replace them all with household names with guarantees of being successful. We're building again.

It's not about replacing them with household names with guarantees of being successful, it's about doing so with the best that's out there. I'll leave it there because i even bore myself

It's not about replacing them with household names with guarantees of being successful, it's about doing so with the best that's out there. I'll leave it there because i even bore myself
I know what you mean, is Sa the best keeper we could have signed? Probably not

Yann Sommer :) although he is 32 now

OK I live in Greece
Benn here maybe 31\33, years.
So about Sa... Every olympiacos fan says he is the dogs bollocks,
Everybody else thinks he aint worth a fart, or he was smuggled in as a deep cover KGB man.
So basically Dow ask me, he saves loads but the opposition aye great.
Bugger...we was relying on you for the inside story

You got it… he’s really good (in Greece) making plenty of saves (in Greece) against inferior teams 😉

I think there's a danger of just writing everything off post-Nuno before we've even seen what it actually looks like.

I'm not advocating signing a bunch of no-hopers and crossing our fingers in silence, and I've been plenty critical of some of our transfers in the past, but I feel like there's a danger of holding ourselves to impossible/unrealistic standards... these 'best that are out there' players. Maybe we'll sign a couple of them (Trincao?), with maybe a couple of gambles too.

There are very good PL players who came to clubs with little fanfare or pedigree and are now coveted. It can happen.

Linked with Roma midfielder Amadou Diawa. We were linked to him in 2019 as well but he chose Roma. Fits our model of buying players with room to grow

Diawara saw Mourinho coming and knew it was time to jump ship.

Back