• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I agree it's a position you don't mess with if you don't have to, but it's clear he's on the wane. At some point he'd have to go, and unless we brought in another GK of similar international experience (not that likely) there'd be some concern about it being a downgrade. Moutinho's replacement won't have 100 caps either.

Surely that was Ramsdale as he was shite and they finished bottom.

Not as simple as that though, you'd probably say Sanchez performed better than Pickford despite the disparity in where both clubs finished.

Patricio was pretty 'shite' last season too. I'm not a stats guys, but saw him bottom or near bottom of most metrics used. And that's playing for an ultra-defensive team

We're not getting anywhere near value for money on Rui. Swapping him out now, rather than in 12 months time, will net us the thick end of £15m, and I doubt the keeper we'd next Summer will be much different in profile to the one we choose this Summer. His performances in 20/21 won't be too hard to improve on in reality, and if we can do that whilst saving money I'm all for it

Is there still a chance that we might sign Vitinha , or has that ship sailed ?

Surely that was Ramsdale as he was shite and they finished bottom.
Rui was 3rd bottom for post shot expected goals saved, where he underperformed by -3.3. I.e. He let in 3.3 more goals than he'd be expected to save.

He was 2nd bottom in terms of % of crosses claimed.

He was bottom of all the stats around sweeping (i.e. things done outside the penalty area, AVG distance from goal defensive actions were performed).

Is there still a chance that we might sign Vitinha , or has that ship sailed ?
Trying to extend the date according to a few sites, but I feel If bruno wanted him he'd be signed now.

reports in Portugal suggest he's coming back but we've asked them to hold onto him for a couple of weeks while Jeff has a good rummage down the back of the boardroom chairs for any loose change, so we can get the cash together.
still a possibility so..........small though that might be .

If we do the deal on 19 July he won’t have to quarantine if he has had his jabs.

Rui was 3rd bottom for post shot expected goals saved, where he underperformed by -3.3. I.e. He let in 3.3 more goals than he'd be expected to save.

He was 2nd bottom in terms of % of crosses claimed.

He was bottom of all the stats around sweeping (i.e. things done outside the penalty area, AVG distance from goal defensive actions were performed).
Basically performing as many of us thought , below standard for a top earning player at Wolves.

Ruddy will be fine for now, sort the other positions out first..

In what world is Trincao not good enough but Ruddy is fine? And I obviously don't mean in the same positions, even though they should be able to.

I thought he was ok in his cameo last season, but he really isn't an option in 2021 as a starter.

I dont think there is a rush for another goalie but of course we need to improve in that position too

Basically Rui is like Nuno or Adama for me.

If given the choice, I'd keep all three for another campaign, but last season was far from a vintage year for any of them, and it's not hard to see why all three could well end up at different clubs

Patricio was far from our biggest weakness last season, but he was equally far from being a strength. He isn't irreplaceable but I'm not sure I'd be agitating for him to be sold either.

Back