• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

That is fair, I get that perspective on Vitinha. The potential is obvious though, and that is what I thought was the idea of our recruitment strategy. Perhaps not right now, but seems weird to flip flop with that.

Ait-Nouri is a no brainer for me so I'm going to be annoyed when we inevitably don't sign him
Maybe Lage wants different things compared to Nuno? We'll have to see. I'm not 100% ruling out Vitinha just yet, we might just be being a bit more savvy with out transfers.

RAN is an obvious talent agreed, I think we will sign him.

Maybe Lage wants different things compared to Nuno? We'll have to see. I'm not 100% ruling out Vitinha just yet, we might just be being a bit more savvy with out transfers.

RAN is an obvious talent agreed, I think we will sign him.
Yeah of course, he will definitely want to do plenty of things differently, but if we believed in Vitinha's talent it seems strange to go back on that when there is clearly more to come.

I think it is more of a financial issue, we see him as eating up too much of the budget. The whole 0 net spend thing is still baffling me if I am honest.

While it's true he didn't have a huge number of standout performances he was barely played, even less so in what seems to be his more natural position

And now I'm remembering the cup tie at Chorley

tumblr_oylxzeaemE1vbcnq8o1_500.gifv

Yeah of course, he will definitely want to do plenty of things differently, but if we believed in Vitinha's talent it seems strange to go back on that when there is clearly more to come.

I think it is more of a financial issue, we see him as eating up too much of the budget. The whole 0 net spend thing is still baffling me if I am honest.
There's a very uncomfortable but obvious answer to the 0 net spend thing and it isn't FFP

There's probably a reason he wasn't played much. I think Vitinha has been a bit over-hyped tbh. Talented for sure, but I didn't see anything that made me think he'd be grabbing PL games by the scruff of the neck anytime soon

There's probably a reason he wasn't played much. I think Vitinha has been a bit over-hyped tbh. Talented for sure, but I didn't see anything that made me think he'd be grabbing PL games by the scruff of the neck anytime soon
I think he's one of them that in 2-3 years will be well outside our envelope

I think he's one of them that in 2-3 years will be well outside our envelope

Yeah, perhaps. Although I hear that about plenty of teenagers/20 year olds, and more often than not it's doesn't pan out that way.

We've already given away Goncalves, we will probably regret this one too.

Ultimately we clearly need a new CM, Vitinha is not the player we need now but is going to be worth more than our option in the very near future. Its short-sighted, but so is a lot we do at the moment.

You never know, do you. I saw Goncalves play a number of times for the 23s, he looked neat and tidy but not much more than that, certainly not knocking on the door of our first team. Then I watched him play for Famalicao, he scored late on but otherwise was anonymous. Then he's gone through the roof, I never saw that coming.

There's an alternate reality where Niall Ennis is leading the line for us.

Vitinha has turned up to their pre season in the same was as Vinagre has ours. It doesn't mean either are necessarily staying.

I can't say whether I'd sign him as I don't know what formation Lage wants to play. I don't see where he fits in his version of 442 though.

Think the “obligation” was a clear loss in translation.

More like, they’ve stayed up so they will definitely sign him (as they were clearly very interested but were doing loan to buy to defer payment) rather than staying up = triggers a clause.

We've already given away Goncalves, we will probably regret this one too.

Ultimately we clearly need a new CM, Vitinha is not the player we need now but is going to be worth more than our option in the very near future. Its short-sighted, but so is a lot we do at the moment.

We can't just stockpile every potential future big talent on the bench and let Donk and a 40 year old Moutinho run our midfield

Think the “obligation” was a clear loss in translation.

More like, they’ve stayed up so they will definitely sign him (as they were clearly very interested but were doing loan to buy to defer payment) rather than staying up = triggers a clause.
That's fine, but equally you (not you), can't then use it as a stick to beat Spiers with by saying he's clueless, doesn't even do his basic research etc. when what he was saying proves to be correct.

We can't just stockpile every potential future big talent on the bench and let Donk and a 40 year old Moutinho run our midfield
I do agree with you, I don't think we can take a £20m punt on potential given where we are

That's fine, but equally you (not you), can't then use it as a stick to beat Spiers with by saying he's clueless, doesn't even do his basic research etc. when what he was saying proves to be correct.
I know it isn’t aimed at me but I don’t beat Spiers anyway (except understanding of FFP and incoming transfers, he has no inside knowledgle there). I thought the beating of him in that particular instance was a bit strange given the only info was a dodgy translated quote and “obligations on PL survival” aren’t really a thing.

It's a shame, but we're not Chelsea. The first XI might well need significant work and that has to come first this window IMO
Agree, might be a bit of a reality check for some, but a so called top 6 team we ain`t.

Vitinha back at Porto, I guess the CFO (I think?) from Porto was telling porkies when he said we had an obligation to sign him
I think a few people on here owe Timothy Spiers an apology then.

Back