• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Oh, Seferovic.

But you're basically asking me if I'd like to be kicked in the balls for an hour or hung, drawn and quartered.

Depends what time of day it is and how depressed I am.

In all seriousness I don't believe it for a second.

We will sign 1 forward that winds you up. Linked to so many, 1 has to happen...

You know I have very exacting standards too.

I'm convinced Marcus Bent was purely to drive me to breaking point when I was struggling and ask for help. Thanks Mick.

You know I have very exacting standards too.

I'm convinced Marcus Bent was purely to drive me to breaking point when I was struggling and ask for help. Thanks Mick.
No you are completely consistent . You hate them all 😅

Alex Goncalves

Extraordinary to me that Wolves haven't taken up the option to sign Vitinha permanently. May look to sign him for a lower fee or in a deal including João Moutinho, but it was already a reasonable price. Wolves were keen on another loan but Porto obviously unenthused by that.

I'll be pissed off if we don't sign him. He looks to have a good future ahead of him. Same with RAN.

If the club are worried about buying for "now", then just play them now.

He looked decent, but it's not like he came in and changed our season/improved us that much.

Maybe the new manager just doesn't fancy him, or he doesn't fit how he wants to play. Not that unreasonable

If we don't have much money (or any money) to spend then I think signing players for the future is a challenge. That said its clear Vitinha is going to be a heck of a player - we should find some change down the back of the sofa.

If we don't sign either, I'm going to be interested (other than being quite annoyed too as I rate both, in different ways) to see what the actual plan is here. Let's say we get 40 for Ruben, 25-30 for Adama, 13 for Rui. That is 80 odd million already without deals for Mir and Vinagre that are likely to happen. 36-38m for Ait-Nouri (will start at left back) and Vitinha (obvious potential with more to come quite quickly) doesn't seem to ruin our budget entirely in my eyes?

Hard to see what the actual plan is anyway, so a bit of a 'wait and see' I guess.

I'd like to keep both tbh, provided it doesn't impact on other signings.
Surely we have to sign RAN? Unless we're keeping Vinagre ....we simply can't rely on old biscuit legs unfortunately, which is a shame as he's quality.

Is rather not sign Vitinha than sign him and not use him again. RAN is an absolute must imo, just bloody stupid if we don’t at this point. Imagine saying it’s not good value when we spent 35m on Fabio 🤦🏻‍♂️

Vinagre is back in the country for pre season apparently. With him supposedly impressing in Portugal and Lage wanting a front foot style, perhaps we are keeping him rather than essentially swapping him for RAN?

Vinagre is back in the country for pre season apparently. With him supposedly impressing in Portugal and Lage wanting a front foot style, perhaps we are keeping him rather than essentially swapping him for RAN?
Id be happy to welcome back Vinagre, saves a few quid for elsewhere and I still think there is a good player still waiting to come out.

RAN and Vinaigre seem very similar to me, both of whom can improve, so why not decline RAN and use that money elsewhere ?

I said months ago that RAN is no better than Vinagre atm, I do however think he might have a higher ceiling.

I wonder if the transfer market will start to kick into gear a bit more once we know where we are with Covid restrictions and the impact on finances over the coming season

Back