• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I know that people are saying that we should sell Mir now while his valuation is high - but why can't he become the senior back up to Jiminez ?
This is clearly a gap we failed to fill last season .
We clearly need a back up to him , so will have to pay some club a fair bit to get that player - why not just forfeit the possible decent transfer fee that we might get for Mir and bring him back instead ?

For a number of reasons really principally he doesn't want to be here and even if he were there's no guarantee he'd work out, so you've turned your £12m+ into nothing. The percentages say sell him

Correio da Manhã report Roma and Wolverhampton Wanderers are the ‘most likely destinations’ for the striker Vinicius, for whom Benfica are set to demand €45m.

For a number of reasons really principally he doesn't want to be here and even if he were there's no guarantee he'd work out, so you've turned your £12m+ into nothing. The percentages say sell him
Do we know this? Sorry I haven't seen it reported that he wants to leave

Personally , given how he plays , his current form and Jimenez still side-lined it appears a really sensible decision to keep him here and give him a chance at a pre season. Looking at other gossip we are already likely to lose a few of Jordao, Vinagre, Saiss maybe Rui , Moutinho , Saiss and Chelski may come knocking for Adama. Thats a few million to get the centre back we need and a ready made oven ready defensive midfielder.
If you are set on selling Mir, then loan with an option on Vinicius seems sensible , Vitinha for 15m RAN for 10m Guedes loan with an option all seems sensible. Rumour on the Benfica keeper Odysseas at 15m too , and he is 27 so possibly a decent investment. As has been said I am just spit balling things here and nothing will happen until the new team is ensconced- Or maybe it will!

Last edited:
Mir has a year left on his contract. Ultimately we have this summer to get some value out of him.

Spanish clubs are skint, so it's pretty clear what the Celta president is getting at.

There is no guarantee that any new striker would work out . It's a risk bringing him back , but there's a risk in pretty much everything . He didn't want to play in England at one stage - when things were going no where for him here . Perhaps his view has changed now or he can be persuaded to give it a shot .

I doubt there's another 23 year old striker with his La Liga goal record that we could buy for £12m, so selling him such a fee isn't great value. If Lage does like to play 2 up top, then we've definitely got a use for him. Give him until end of July to have a look at him and sign a contract extension, and if that doesn't work then flog him.

What you'd do is one thing, I don't think what Wolves will is up for much debate

"If you look at Rafa Mir, Rafa’s had three or four loans while being at the club, his last loan at the moment has been fantastic for the player. And they’re still our players, we want the best for them, we’re not just washing our hands of them, we want them to develop. And ultimately, again, if we talk about being creative, Rafa may make a lot of money for the football club in the future, so I think it’s always going to be part of our policy of what we do with players, and it will always be looked at from different points of view – experience, development and obviously trying to develop an asset as well."

I think they will take up the option on Vitinha for sure. It fits the buy low sell high model, and he will be worth a lot more than 20 million euros soon, if he isn't already.

I think they will take up the option on Vitinha for sure. It fits the buy low sell high model, and he will be worth a lot more than 20 million euros soon, if he isn't already.
Definitely , I'd buy Ait Nouri as well - he improved a lot once he got game time and looked quite promising going forward . Decent shot in him too .

Keeping Mir and telling him he'll regularly play in a two with Raul is fine by me. We can't have just Raul/Silva as the two forward options if that's what Lage wants to play.

That Vinicius rumour can do one, he's nearly as bad as José.

Rui to Roma may be over

Jose wants Donnarumma. He will be a free agent at the end of this month after Milan told his agent to do one.
PSG also in for him but if they sign him, they will look to loan him out for a season or 2 and Roma want in on that if they fail to nab his full signature.

I like Danilo. If we can get the same Danilo from 3 years ago at Porto he'd be well worth the money. Seems to have lost his way a bit though.

Back