• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Some talk that Newcastle are signing Kristoffer Ajer for £6m. I'd have been very much in at that price.
I'd be in for double that price still. There's a quality player there, even if this season hasn't brought the best out of him

At that price you could sign him and still pursue your other top targets in the position I think.

Has Traore ever been caught offside? Rarely I’d imagine as he tends to wait for the ball. Maybe Tuchel wants a quick forward that doesn’t get caught offside every 10 minutes like Werner. Part of me would like to see him in a Chelsea side just to see what he does. Can Tuchel turn him into a really top player?

Oh he does, quite often he just doesn't check and is standing offside for no reason.

He'll never ever be a proper option through the middle, simply doesn't score enough goals and never will.

Has Traore ever been caught offside? Rarely I’d imagine as he tends to wait for the ball. Maybe Tuchel wants a quick forward that doesn’t get caught offside every 10 minutes like Werner. Part of me would like to see him in a Chelsea side just to see what he does. Can Tuchel turn him into a really top player?

Two or three times away at Albion.

Oh he does, quite often he just doesn't check and is standing offside for no reason.

He'll never ever be a proper option through the middle, simply doesn't score enough goals and never will.
I agree but it would be interesting to see him in a top side.

Must admit I spend a lot of time criticising Traore during a game but despite that I'd be sorry to see him go, he is the most exciting player we've had in many a year and can change matches. That said if someone did offer 60 mill, or even 40, (highly doubtful) we couldn't refuse it.

It's more the fallacy that we had with Jota. When Liverpool came in for him, he was obviously going to want to go. What are we going to do, keep an unhappy player? Adama would obviously want to go to Chelsea if they were genuinely interested (I don't think they are, but then I said there's no way Spurs would want Doc, what do I know. Bet they wish they'd listened to me now)

If Adama went to Chelsea you can guarantee he would have a similar impact to that of Jota at Liverpool. Because Chelsea actually get players in the box and occasionally play attacking football. Their lads would love getting on the end of his crosses. Plus he wouldn't be the sole attacking outlet in their starting 11.

The preference would be to keep him here and see how he does for us in a more attacking setup; but if a transfer fee of anywhere near £60m is genuinely on offer (I doubt it) I don't think we can turn that down.

Based on what they said in the ask Wolves video about Jota, if we get offered anything around 40m for anyone we’ll take it.

If Adama went to Chelsea you can guarantee he would have a similar impact to that of Jota at Liverpool. Because Chelsea actually get players in the box and occasionally play attacking football. Their lads would love getting on the end of his crosses. Plus he wouldn't be the sole attacking outlet in their starting 11.

The preference would be to keep him here and see how he does for us in a more attacking setup; but if a transfer fee of anywhere near £60m is genuinely on offer (I doubt it) I don't think we can turn that down.
Fuck yea! No one will be sold until the new manager is installed, unless they have gone stark raving bonkers!
If the new manager is Lage, then surely you'd keep our biggest attacking threat (currently) as he's a supposed attack minded manager...

Watching the Portugal U21 game Vintinha played as an 8 - something Wolves haven't really had in the PL thus far even when Moutinho was at his best. Picking the ball up in pockets of space and carrying it forwards, looking for quick 1,2's

He played as an 8 alongside another 8 though. So I think you've got to have him in a midfield three rather than a two like people wanted (ie. him alongside Neves).

If Lage's time at Benfica is anything to go by mind, a 442 isn't going to suit him massively.

He played as an 8 alongside another 8 though. So I think you've got to have him in a midfield three rather than a two like people wanted (ie. him alongside Neves).

If Lage's time at Benfica is anything to go by mind, a 442 isn't going to suit him massively.
How can we fit him and MGW
I actually think both have quick feet like to get on the ball and play quick passes

Back