• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

442 wouldn't suit our squad in general. I'm not sure we have 1 midfielder I'd be comfortable playing it. I guess 17 months isn't long enough to say Lage is wedded to that system though.

He played as an 8 alongside another 8 though. So I think you've got to have him in a midfield three rather than a two like people wanted (ie. him alongside Neves).

If Lage's time at Benfica is anything to go by mind, a 442 isn't going to suit him massively.
Lage played Adel Taraabt as a CM, I don't think he'd have a problem playing Vitinha there.

How can we fit him and MGW
I actually think both have quick feet like to get on the ball and play quick passes
The way Portugual played in a 41212 you could go
keeper
back 4
Donck
Neves Vitinha
MGW
Raul Neto

Lage played Adel Taraabt as a CM, I don't think he'd have a problem playing Vitinha there.

We won't be playing Wycombe-level opponents every week here though, unfortunately. A Traore/Neves/Vitina/Neto midfield four wouldn't offer all that much protection, I don't think!

I wouldn't mind a midfield where Neves sits behind Vitinha and Gibbs-White. Both those two receive the ball in good positions between the lines, ad MGW has the mobility and likes to get beyond the forward a bit more.

We won't be playing Wycombe-level opponents every week here though, unfortunately. A Traore/Neves/Vitina/Neto midfield four wouldn't offer all that much protection, I don't think!
Lage played formations like that vs teams like Porto, Sporting, Braga...

Our Best Team 442 without signings, departures or injuries (ex Jonny)
----------------------Patricio---------
-----Semedo----Coady----Boly-----Marcal
Traore---Neves----Dendoncker----Podence
-------------------Raul-----Neto-------

If we were doing that I think I'd sell Neves

I wouldn't sell Neves regardless. It seems we will though

I wouldn't sell Neves regardless. It seems we will though
I think it all comes down to Lage and his formation. If he is a pure 442 guy like it's the 80's again then you can only see Neves' value decreasing as that's not going to suit him as either a 4 or an 8. Now obviously a good manager would see he's your best player and build a side around him, which if we're honest Nuno didn't really do in the PL

I could see us lining up similar to this first game of the season

Odysseas (or other NEW GK)

Semedo NEW CB Coady Aït-Nouri

Podence Gabriel Dendoncker NEW LW

Raúl Vinícius

Which would make me a little sick in my mouth tbh.

If Adama went to Chelsea you can guarantee he would have a similar impact to that of Jota at Liverpool. Because Chelsea actually get players in the box and occasionally play attacking football.

Yep, if Lage has it in him to improve anything, I hope it's this

3-5-2 would be lovely.

Patricio

Boly - Coady - Saiss

Semedo - Donk - Neves - RAN

Vitinha

Raul - Silva​

Or the Christmas Tree

Patricio

Semedo - Boly - Coady - RAN

Moutinho - Donk - Neves

Vitinha - MGW

Raul​

You could do 4-4-1-1 if you wanted to be super aggressive

Patricio

Semedo Coady Boly RAN

Traore Neves Vitinha Neto

MGW

Raul
It would certainly be entertaining...not sure about successful mind

Celta president on Mir:

“He [Mir] would fit in for Celta and many teams because he is a magnificent player. From the time a name is given until something can be done, it is a very difficult route.

“Besides, he belongs to an English team and it is not easy to negotiate with the English club. And on the other hand, he has done very well and surely has many teams behind him.”

Is he saying that Jeff is a fucker to deal with?

Back