• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I dunno man, Doherty played well in a very specific system. We weren't going to / didn't want to play that system any more.

Getting someone to pay £15m for a lower champ / league one quality player ain't bad.

That still fails to get my point Andy, that's not what they thought they were getting. We didn't get £15m or anything close to it, just like Porto didn't get anything like £36m for Fabio

That still fails to get my point Andy, that's not what they thought they were getting. We didn't get £15m or anything close to it, just like Porto didn't get anything like £36m for Fabio

Thats the crux for me. Its almost like we were too honest, tell them he's an automatic starter and integral, let them learn down the line hes nowhere near £25m

If they didn't read the product description beforehand thats their luck out.

When things didn't go great this season, having him on the bench would have been an option, particularly with Nelson adapting to the Prem (not a Semedo hater here).Not like an on-fire Traore super sub option, but could have been a game changer. Was 10 mill worth that..?

He signed up with Gestifute specifically because they promised him they could get a move, Nuno always cleared out anyone who didn't want to be here.

I wonder if his sister has signed up to The Fighting Cock yet, so she can defend him to all the Spurs fans who say he's shit?

My issue hasn't ever been about selling Doherty and I certainly don't want to go down the him vs Semedo convo again. I've always had an issue with the Doherty and Fabio transfers, seeing what 'agents' made on those deals only added to that. IF Lage is manager then the Mendes benefit vs issue swingometer has gone significantly to the wrong direction imo, but without going on my soapbox again, let's wait to see if that happens

My issue hasn't ever been about selling Doherty and I certainly don't want to go down the him vs Semedo convo again. I've always had an issue with the Doherty and Fabio transfers, seeing what 'agents' made on those deals only added to that. IF Lage is manager then the Mendes benefit vs issue swingometer has gone significantly to the wrong direction imo, but without going on my soapbox again, let's wait to see if that happens
Part of the modern game though ay it? Agents take huge cuts from transfers.

Good agencies will probably charge more but probably have better clients available.

Spurs have let Gazzaniga go on a free. Would he be a decent back up if Ruddy goes?

Spurs have let Gazzaniga go on a free. Would he be a decent back up if Ruddy goes?
Been mentioned on here before and most people thought he was absolutely gash. I suppose for someone who does nothing other than sit on the bench, he'd be alright. Surely he can go somewhere and be first choice, though.

Bit of an outside shot for a cheap attacking midfielder/winger but Ryan Gauld is out of contract this summer.

Had a great season at Farense and being linked with Benfica.

Roma are in for Xhaka so I can't imagine they'll want him and Neves.

Scored or assisted 51% of Farense's goals this season.

Bit of an outside shot for a cheap attacking midfielder/winger but Ryan Gauld is out of contract this summer.

Had a great season at Farense and being linked with Benfica.
Scotland haven't called him up to their Euro squad either 🤣

I can't say "Onana" and not follow it with "what's my name", so I'll have to turn him down purely on that basis.

Neres is our kind of signing.

Onana is actually good though! Might be cheaper than before due to his ban... but I do agree. It would quickly become tiresome in the ground too :D

I like Neres a lot. We've been linked with Traore before too.

I’d love Tagliafico but that unless Jonny is permanently broke there’s no point. Neres all day long.

Back