• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

It makes for interesting reading. Jeff saying he reads the social media negativity, but you have to trust him to make the right calls. Even in some of those questions you can see they were going to change it up. He mentioned coaches in there too.
I'll reserve judgement until we see who they install in fairness. That will tell us everything we need to know about where we are headed.
At least we got to hear some answers to the pressing questions we all had..
At the beginning of the video he did say that he would be talking to Nuno at the end of the season. So it does look as if Nuno didn't want to stay any longer, and was not sacked.

At the beginning of the video he did say that he would be talking to Nuno at the end of the season. So it does look as if Nuno didn't want to stay any longer, and was not sacked.
Yeah, if he was *really* planning on sacking Nuno, he'd have just casually dropped it in there.

People try and over read so much lately. We've basically had a few days of 'I could tell by the way he was waving that he'd recently written a resignation letter'.

Yeah, if he was *really* planning on sacking Nuno, he'd have just casually dropped it in there.

People try and over read so much lately. We've basically had a few days of 'I could tell by the way he was waving that he'd recently written a resignation letter'.
No you haven’t. You’ve had someone’s take on what they saw and what it made them think. Pretty obvious where that was aimed and if you want to try and be funny using me as an example try and get your facts correct when you do it.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that it was agreed by both parties, is it? But you have to be a knob and have a dig at people with a different view point to you... Crack on then :rolleyes:

No you haven’t. You’ve had someone’s take on what they saw and what it made them think. Pretty obvious where that was aimed and if you want to try and be funny using me as an example try and get your facts correct when you do it.
Erm, that's a bit weird. It was, as was pretty obvious, a comment on my feeling that people are reading too much into every sentence, every look, every smile etc.

Without sounding rude, but if I've read you saying something like that, I haven't remembered your post specifically

Not beyond the realms of possibility that it was agreed by both parties, is it? But you have to be a knob and have a dig at people with a different view point to you... Crack on then :rolleyes:
He says, literally digging at somebody for having an opinion.

Reactions: jlo
When asked about Mendes Jeff said he was only one of several we use, although he was the main one. I thought the video was good, and showed that running a football club as easy as some may think.

Tbh, Jeff says and has said a lot of things, not all of them are completely accurate or come to pass.

I'm not saying he's not trustworthy but I'd take any public statements with a dose of salt - as he says himself, actions, not words.

I don't know what else he can say. That's the only possible answer he can give

Yeah, it's a point lost on those who constantly ask for the club to communicate more publicly, more often. They're never, for example, going to come out and say "we don't mind so much if we finish around where we have this season again, so long as the football is better", even though that might be the case.

Nor can he say "yes, we're looking at X player or at selling Y player" publicly as it hurts the club's ability to extract value from a transaction.

I personally think Fosun have a lot of credit in the bank for their transfers overall.

Nor can he say "yes, we're looking at X player or at selling Y player" publicly as it hurts the club's ability to extract value from a transaction.

I personally think Fosun have a lot of credit in the bank for their transfers overall.
Getting £15m for Doc is going to take some beating

who were the 2 guys sitting to the right of Johnny ? I watched about 15 minutes and they hadn't spoken at all

who were the 2 guys sitting to the right of Johnny ? I watched about 15 minutes and they hadn't spoken at all
Vinny clark was one. He's general manager of commercial operations. I didn't catch the other guys name.
And as i was banging on about Jeff telling us stuff out he comes telling us stuff, making me look a right cunt.. :ROFLMAO:

Russell Jones and Vinny Clark and I'm presuming you will hear more from them in the other episodes which will broach subjects where they're more involved. They won't have any input on transfers and contracts so there wouldn't have been much for them to add on this part of it

The failure to distance your personal view of Doherty and not see the fact that a team that finished 7th 2 years running sold a starting player under a decent contract to a direct rival for £9m/£10m is a shit deal never ceases to amaze me. Which has nothing to do with him being a poor signing for them, he always was going to be. £15m was the bottom end of acceptable, before the ridiculous agent fee

Back