• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Didn't Klopp describe himself as a player in that way before?
Yep. It was all done in a top bantz kind of way.

Phillips just looks like an old skool defender. A young Ryan Bennett if you will. Nowt wrong with that and we have certainly missed that recently

Their long term goal is cash in on said investment. They want a big return then they have to turn us into more than a middling Prem League team.

We hear a lot from the media about its long term plan, but the longer they settle for mid table with the hope of Euro football the harder that becomes.
Do they? Mid table with the odd European season with a very low net spend will be profitable, and the club will now be worth X amount more than when they bought it

it’s difficult establishing yourself in the ‘top 6’ and requires a large initial outlay so maybe that’s higher risk to them?

just speculating Ofcourse. Hope they are as committed as they said when they took over

Do they? Mid table with the odd European season with a very low net spend will be profitable, and the club will now be worth X amount more than when they bought it
Our value has increased, no doubt. I don't think they have purchased us to make a few million when the day comes. They will want a big return.

Noise from Fosun is the target to break the Top 6, then 4 remains so have to presume they are still as committed to the project. I wonder if they are still looking for investment from outside as was reported last summer

Castore want their brand on the shirt of teams in European competition. We at Wolves share that goal.

Not verbatim, but as close to the press release as I can get without looking at it again. That’s pretty clear to me.

Our value has increased, no doubt. I don't think they have purchased us to make a few million when the day comes. They will want a big return.

Noise from Fosun is the target to break the Top 6, then 4 remains so have to presume they are still as committed to the project. I wonder if they are still looking for investment from outside as was reported last summer
I'm not sure what Fosun want from their investment. They've never made it public have they?

They could be building an asset to sell (they haven't done this with their other assets), they could be building for wealth portfolio, a dividend payment or just to spread their risk.

We just don't know.

I don't think people understand how hard it can actually be to make money from even a top football team. The money is in corporate sponsors and opportunies, not player sales. Being middling does not translate to making money.

I'm not sure what Fosun want from their investment. They've never made it public have they?

They could be building an asset to sell (they haven't done this with their other assets), they could be building for wealth portfolio, a dividend payment or just to spread their risk.

We just don't know.

They've said in the past that they have assets which are not for sale, including Wolves and that there here for the long haul

Everything is for sale.
Normally I would agree with you but the Chinese model is an odd one.

Ownership seems to be their goal rather than money which is just the vehicle to get there.

Whichever way I think it's a good thing for us as long as they reinvest this summer.

Forgot about the investment from outside. Fair point .

just think to become established in that top 4 you’re talking a few hundred million which is a huge outlay and high risk

I don't think people understand how hard it can actually be to make money from even a top football team. The money is in corporate sponsors and opportunies, not player sales. Being middling does not translate to making money.
This is my point. Football clubs aren’t actually huge profit makers in the scale of business

Fosun are much more interested in Wolves as a brand to market around the world, particularly Asia. The football team comes with it.
To keep the brand alive you have to invest in the football club. Not sure they have a total grasp on that as the brand will suffer a lot if you aren't successful on the field.

Fosun are much more interested in Wolves as a brand to market around the world, particularly Asia. The football team comes with it.
To keep the brand alive you have to invest in the football club. Not sure they have a total grasp on that as the brand will suffer a lot if you aren't successful on the field.
Absolutely.

They are pushing the Wolves brand in so many ways now such as fashion and esports that's its critical to them that the anchor of it all, the football club, does really well.

It's why they're also pushing hard with the women's team as they can see the growth potential there in future.

We just don't know.
i thought they were initially building an asset to sell, when they first bought us.
However, I thought that changed about 12-18 months in, when we became an essential part of the "fosun family" and at that point we were an unsellable asset.

Can Wolves break the top six and be self sufficient? It’s one or the other surely?

Can Wolves break the top six and be self sufficient? It’s one or the other surely?
Not in the short term, which is something Fosun have begun to realise, hence them reigning stuff in that they said was priority a couple of seasons ago.

You can invest for the first and then achieve the second.

It's not unusual for investment to occur in stages. Purely from a stage point of view, Fosun have done the seed investment stage and the next will be A and then B.

It's whether they want to do A and B on their own. If they do then it's £100m + in playing staff and wages on top of infrastructure, maybe £200m in total across a 5yr period.

They are pretty good at knowing when to do this and if anybody thinks they don't know how to do this then they aren't giving Fosun enough credit.

You can invest for the first and then achieve the second.

It's not unusual for investment to occur in stages. Purely from a stage point of view, Fosun have done the seed investment stage and the next will be A and then B.

It's whether they want to do A and B on their own. If they do then it's £100m + in playing staff and wages on top of infrastructure, maybe £200m in total across a 5yr period.

They are pretty good at knowing when to do this and if anybody thinks they don't know how to do this then they aren't giving Fosun enough credit.
I'll agree they certainly know how to invest and make money. Picking the right manager now with the constraints they say are there? The jury is out on that for me as it's a completely different animal to making money.

Do you think Rui will be off? His missus put a photo of them on their private jet before I'd even got home last night after the match.

Back