• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

If funds are tight this summer then spunking £65m on Semedo and Silva looks like a colossal waste.
Im pretty sure the initial Fabio outlay was only £8m, the rest is adds on over set years or achievements.

Wasn’t last summer a zero net spend? I really can’t see the point of sacking a manager by mutual consent, only to not financially back the new manager. That makes zero sense and flies in the face of Fosun and their stated ambition . I think we are looking at a team with at least three new starters.

Wasn’t last summer a zero net spend? I really can’t see the point of sacking a manager by mutual consent, only to not financially back the new manager. That makes zero sense and flies in the face of Fosun and their stated ambition . I think we are looking at a team with at least three new starters.
That's both my hope and concern

Marc Guehi on loan? Would still need to sign a more established centre back too I’d say though

Just read that Liverpool are “open” to selling Nat Phillips.

I wonder if that might be someone we may look at. Fits the criteria of both age, position and potential. We’ve a fairly good relationship with Liverpool as far as our recent transfer business goes, too.

Just read that Liverpool are “open” to selling Nat Phillips.

I wonder if that might be someone we may look at. Fits the criteria of both age, position and potential. We’ve a fairly good relationship with Liverpool as far as our recent transfer business goes, too.
He’s a League 1 standard defender, nowhere near good enough.

Klopp describes him as having "first division brain, third division feet"

Football is about entertainment, and I don't recall us ever having a player as exciting as Traore, his decision making can be poor, and he is really bloody frustrating at times, but i love having him on our team, i love watching him and I'm glad he's staying.
Agreed. He’s one of the few over the last couple of months who has come out with credit. In a team with a high press (if we go that way with our recruitment) recovering the ball early he could be lethal

It really isn't, he's nowhere near good enough.

I'd rather have a manager come in without that liability weighing down the team with a huge contact.

A year is plenty enough for him.
No where near good enough? Think you’re getting ahead of yourself with where you think we are

Hopefully wrong. But maybe Fosun will be happy with Wolves finishing mid table every year with the occasional Europe push on a good season? After all they’re an investment company and will want a return. Look at Arsenal, for example

Hopefully wrong. But maybe Fosun will be happy with Wolves finishing mid table every year with the occasional Europe push on a good season? After all they’re an investment company and will want a return. Look at Arsenal, for example
Their long term goal is cash in on said investment. They want a big return then they have to turn us into more than a middling Prem League team.

We hear a lot from the media about its long term plan, but the longer they settle for mid table with the hope of Euro football the harder that becomes.

Klopp describes him as having "first division brain, third division feet"

If you have seen Liverpool since they had to put him in you can see Klopp's success as a manager in Phillips, he is a limited ability player but his role has been reduced and reduced to the extent it mainly has him doing just his strengths now, they have done well with him once there was a stronger team around him.

Back