• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

You can only sell what people will buy, I don't think anyone is giving us much for Joao. We only paid £5m for him and that was three years ago.

Saiss covers multiple positions, isn't on huge wages and doesn't kick off if he's not playing. Pointless selling him.

There is an art to selling players when they're ready to go, Fergie was a genius at it (bar Jaap Stam), but we aren't in that situation right now.

Ok, let me give a different example then.

Take Boly, we know he's 30 and probably getting to the point where his value will start going down soon. We know we have to replace him and we maybe ear mark X amount to fund a replacement.

We sell him now so we get X plus whatever we sold him for to replace him with a younger, better version. If we don't sell him now we only get X to spend on a replacement.

Is he worth that much though? Who is buying him for a fee worthwhile?

He’s is probably our best CB, and we already need 1. So we need to spend £30m on one, then sell Boly for £10m (that’s probably his value, but who is buying), and then sign another one for £30m. You could just keep Boly for 3 seasons and then buy one. Wily Boly for 3 seasons is worth more than £10m. That’s the bit you’re not getting. You’re looking at it purely figures on a spreadsheet. That’s not how it works.

I get what you're saying, what I'm saying is I could understand if we took that approach.

If ultimately depends how the club want to use that £10m, keeping Boly around or investing it in a new CB.

Where your point does work is younger players.

Let’s say Pedro Neto is fully fit and worth £60m, 2 years left on his deal.

Man United bid £60m tomorrow. We reject it. He doesn’t sign a new deal over the next year. We then go into next summer where we sell him or let him run out his contract down and he goes for free. United bid £30m. We then have the dilemma of is Pedro Neto for one season worth more than £30m cash. In most cases probably not, so you sell him.

Doesn’t work for the older players though as the fees are a fraction.

I have heard from someone I trust Moutinho is leaving this summer. Sounds absolutely convinced he is moving abroad.

Ok, let me give a different example then.

Take Boly, we know he's 30 and probably getting to the point where his value will start going down soon. We know we have to replace him and we maybe ear mark X amount to fund a replacement.

We sell him now so we get X plus whatever we sold him for to replace him with a younger, better version. If we don't sell him now we only get X to spend on a replacement.
Lonwijk and Marques are Boly's replacement but they aren't ready yet.

We buy short term to improve the team, or saleable assets are still coming through.

I have heard from someone I trust Moutinho is leaving this summer. Sounds absolutely convinced he is moving abroad.
Apart from his last three or four games Moutiniho has given us great service. He still has a lot to offer, but needs a bloody good rest, hes burnt out.

Portugals first match is 15th June in Hungary, so hopefully the 4 guys get a week off at least with their families before they have to join up with their squad.
They must be absolutely fucked...

I’d actually forgotten all about the Euros...zero appetite for it at the moment I have to say.

It isn't impossible that footballers, like the rest of us will have re-evaluated their priorities over the past 15-16 months. Some may well want more close ties to family and home. Hence such a decision is not unreasonable imo.

I've personally found some of the criticism and more of Moutinho recently really unnecessary. The sheer volume of games in the past 3 years that I have walked away from with the comment "how fucking good is Moutinho?" is staggering. Very few off days in 3 years.

If he goes, it has been a fucking pleasure to watch him play.

It isn't impossible that footballers, like the rest of us will have re-evaluated their priorities over the past 15-16 months. Some may well want more close ties to family and home. Hence such a decision is not unreasonable imo.

I've personally found some of the criticism and more of Moutinho recently really unnecessary. The sheer volume of games in the past 3 years that I have walked away from with the comment "how fucking good is Moutinho?" is staggering. Very few off days in 3 years.

If he goes, it has been a fucking pleasure to watch him play.
I for one will be gutted not to give him a proper send off too, hopefully his lasting memory of Wolves fans won't be of them slagging him off on social media/forums. He deserves so much more than that, he took a massive risk signing for us as a newly promoted side, and is the best footballer i've seen play for us. Love him.

Kang-in Lee is the latest rumour

He is an Attacking midfielder currently playing for Valencia, who are planning a swap deal for Rafa Mir.
He is a 20yr old and valued at 15m Euros

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Kang-in Lee is the latest rumour

He is an Attacking midfielder currently playing for Valencia, who are planning a swap deal for Rafa Mir.
He is a 20yr old and valued at 15m Euros

Sorry if this has been posted already.
I hope not, he's smaller than Podence and about as physically strong.

Back