• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

My point being, much like last night, Nuno wasn't exactly spoilt for choice when he bought Adama on v Brighton. You can't sit there and suggest it was some tactical masterclass. I'm happy to give Nuno credit when he genuinely makes a switch or tweak or change during a game that turns it around. I don't think throwing Adama on after an hour constitutes that, sorry. That said, I am also happy to acknowledge the lack of alternatives on the bench.

But my personal opinion is it's an area that Nuno has lacked in since he took over here, really. I've always thought he takes too long to make changes.
What does contribute a good sub?

You could have brought Vitinha on 20 minutes earlier yesterday, doubt it would have impacted on much though.

Our only attacking option was Willian José and he is incredibly poor. We still gave him a go to get an extra forward on the pitch and he performed like a bad parks player.

Not sure what he was supposed to do.

You could have brought Vitinha on 20 minutes earlier yesterday, doubt it would have impacted on much though.

Our only attacking option was Willian José and he is incredibly poor. We still gave him a go to get an extra forward on the pitch and he performed like a bad parks player.

Not sure what he was supposed to do.
Already acknowledged the lack of options. Vitinha for Moutinho about half hour earlier would have sorted the Moutinho issue immediately. Or better still, just play Vitinha from the start.

Vitinha was rubbish against Spurs though, I would have played him (why not in a nothing game) but it's not like he made an inestimable case and we dropped him unfairly.

There's no way that would have been a game changing sub yesterday, it seems an odd stick to beat him with. Have there been issues with making subs previously, yes, no doubt.

I'd be interested in seeing our average shape versus other teams. I get the impression we play much deeper than anyone else. This shape is just criminal, I actually feel asleep straight after the game it had that effect on me.
The SofaScore app on your iPhone will show the average positions in each game.

Already acknowledged the lack of options. Vitinha for Moutinho about half hour earlier would have sorted the Moutinho issue immediately. Or better still, just play Vitinha from the start.
This is an odd molehill you've chosen to die on Jinks.

Vitinha was rubbish against Spurs though, I would have played him (why not in a nothing game) but it's not like he made an inestimable case and we dropped him unfairly.

There's no way that would have been a game changing sub yesterday, it seems an odd stick to beat him with. Have there been issues with making subs previously, yes, no doubt.
What are we learning from playing Moutinho ahead of Vitinha?

Johnny made this exact point yesterday, but he’s choosing to try and make a storm in a teacup over me saying Nuno’s subs are & have always been a bit shite instead.

I would have preferred Vitinha on from the start. I haven`t seen enough of him to see if he is worth the investment.

Any chance the Verdict thread can be reopened and all the match analysis of the last 4 pages moved over to it?
If not it'll be page 1000 before we sign anyone :ROFLMAO:

Johnny made this exact point yesterday, but he’s choosing to try and make a storm in a teacup over me saying Nuno’s subs are & have always been a bit shite instead.
Like most have said the Vitinha sub was too late and Nuno has had issues with subs. I don’t think he’s great with them but it’s a strange thing to say ‘when did he get the last one right?’ when that was a couple of weeks ago.

As I said it’s a strange hill to die on.

It is open again. I'll pass on moving posts in case I break the forum.

I just said I'd have played him!

But I don't think it was the difference between us losing or getting anything.

if you were in the clique Paul, you'd know Loki is Jeff Shi in disguise, so yea it is down to him

Any chance the Verdict thread can be reopened and all the match analysis of the last 4 pages moved over to it?
If not it'll be page 1000 before we sign anyone :ROFLMAO:
Ah shit, I thought we were in the verdict thread. My bad 😂

Boly is 30! The same as Raul.

Are we sending Raul off to the glue factory as well?
Boly has had a difficult season, and had lots of Niggling Injuries, Raul lets see next season, it could just be that its the length of the season.

However 30 is the start of the end for players, very few play like Moutinho has Boly probably has 2 / 3 years left, as has Jiminez

The matchday thread shouldn't have been locked in the first place. :ROFLMAO:
It was probably for the best overnight as a few people were getting a bit worked up. Just gives time for everyone to calm down and get a fresh perspective in the morning.

The squad isn't even particularly small as it stands - there are 21 outfield players who have started Premier League games for us over the course of the season. I'd say that is about right all things considered, but obviously the injuries we have had have been to our key players in their respective positions and have been long-term in their nature.

The squad is definitely unbalanced though as I've said beforehand on here and that needs to be addressed.
Of those 21 how many can be classed as experienced.
My thinking is that we probably have 15 1st team squad the rest being U23

Back