• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Rob Dorsett tweeting that we're interested in Lucas Ocampos. Erm, yes please.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Palhinha would be someone who can give Moutinho a rest, allowing Neves to be more involved in the creative side, like Donk did alongside him against Everton.

From what I read yesterday Maitland-Niles has apparently spoken to Arteta and been reassured of his role. I wouldn't want him any way he looks a dickhead. Moaning and niggly fouls. Shithouse player basically.

That article mentions Vinicious for €60m. Doesn't sound likely at that price for a support role. Especially when Paulinho is available for a third of the price.

Not a chance in hell we'd get Ocampos, Sevilla are a decent shout to win the Europa tonight and are already in CL next year anyway. Only way would be if we turned his head with £££ but even then it probably indicates the wrong mentality.

-edit- since I seem to be spamming names out of random thin air in this thread recently I might as well throw Oscar Rodriguez (edit, helps if I spell his name properly) in there if we do want an AM. Real Madrid player, spent last season on loan at a pretty poor Leganes team but did pretty well all things considering. RM might be minded to sell, or at least loan him out again (hopefully this one would go better than Vallejo!)

Takes a mean free kick too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EREjrPqrztA

I don't see us building a team entirely comprised of wingers, unless of course it's specifically to play against Steve Bruce's 10 right backs twice a season.

We were linked with Rodriguez previously too

The press and a number of radio presenters seem all over us at the moment. I suppose that’s what we get for having the audacity for rocking the boat of the traditional top 6...

They are all desperate for us to sell Traore. Not going to happen unless on our terms and a monumental fee.

we will see, not keen on selling him but we dont have europe so could be a turning point

The Mexican fanbase on Twitter are replying to every Wolves related story saying we have been hit by FFP and need to watch our spending etc. Seems like a big story over there. Then you’ve got Talksport every 5 x minutes saying we need to sell our players, we might be in a relegation fight, Nuno is going to leave etc etc (I know there might not be many on here that listen to that station, but when they are constantly tweeting out shite like this, it’s going to stick to the casual football fan that just reads the headlines).

They seem to have it in for us at the moment! But I agree Adama won’t be sold unless we get a silly offer.

Raul should be valued at £100m (half a Kane/Neymar).

Traore should be about £70m (same as Pepe).

Fuck Pepe, Adama is better

The only interesting bit to me was that they were talking about him as an impact sub - think Traore has to make another big jump forward (or Wolves not get sucked into sending everything through him) or be seen as that rather than a starter.

The Mexican fanbase on Twitter are replying to every Wolves related story saying we have been hit by FFP and need to watch our spending etc. Seems like a big story over there. Then you’ve got Talksport every 5 x minutes saying we need to sell our players, we might be in a relegation fight, Nuno is going to leave etc etc (I know there might not be many on here that listen to that station, but when they are constantly tweeting out shite like this, it’s going to stick to the casual football fan that just reads the headlines).

They seem to have it in for us at the moment! But I agree Adama won’t be sold unless we get a silly offer.

If Man City got away with the stupid FFP rules..we should easliy..otherwise its a conspiracy

No new signings this week, I reckon. Wasn't it about page 84 before we signed anyone last year? Some way to go...

I don't think it's an anti Wolves thing as much as a pro big 6 thing. The MSM have always looked to get the best players out of the none top 6 clubs. A lot of the time it's those clubs using them to unsettle the players, Maguire and VVD in the last couple of years being examples, a few years ago they were desperate to break up the Leicester side that won the league. Notice how they are talking down the fee as well, that's also part of it. Makes us look unreasonable wanting say £80m as we think he's now worth "more than double"what we paid, so around £40m, so when someone bids 40 and we reject it the hope is it unsettles the player.

As for Traore, we'd be a better side without him than with him IF the money (£80m) was invested correctly. See Keane and Akinbiyi for the two ways that can go.

Back